Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steelers Activate Casey Hampton and Rashard Mendenhall From PUP List

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers Activate Casey Hampton and Rashard Mendenhall From PUP List

a pleasant surprise...

Steelers Activate Casey Hampton and Rashard Mendenhall From PUP List

Friday, August 17

The Steelers activated veteran nose tackle Casey Hampton and veteran running back Rashard Mendenhall from the PUP (Physically Unable to Perform) List, the team announced today.

Hampton is in his 12th season with the Steelers and has played in 157 career games with 146 career starts. A five-time Pro Bowl selection, Hampton was recovering from a knee injury in the offseason.

Mendenhall is in his fifth year with the Steelers after originally being the team’s first-round pick in the 2008 NFL Draft. Mendenhall has two 1,000-yard rushing seasons and has amassed 3,367 yards rushing in his first four years. He was recovering from a knee injury that he suffered in the 2011 regular-season finale at Cleveland.

[URL]http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Steelers-Activate-Casey-Hampton-and-Rashard-Mendenhall-From-PUP-List/4e011fb5-e6c4-44fe-a6c4-7f02055748c5?module=HP11_headline_stack[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

This is a very surprising move because it means that they won't be able to carry two fill in players on the Fianl 53, but almost for certain neither Hampton or Mendy will be able to play. I am confused by this.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

I never would have thought that Mendy and Big Snack would come off the PUP list before Jason Worilds...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Wow...total shocker with Mendenhall. Great news though.

Legend

User Info Menu

maybe they can cut fat casey now

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

why the hell would you talk sheet about Casey? He went to my ex-rival school, but understand how valuable he has been over the last decade. Whether his time is running out or not, no sense in taking shots at a guy very instrumental in holding down the DL for 2 Super Bowl teams. Just don't get this. Though you are just a kid.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by aggiebones View Post
    why the hell would you talk sheet about Casey? He went to my ex-rival school, but understand how valuable he has been over the last decade. Whether his time is running out or not, no sense in taking shots at a guy very instrumental in holding down the DL for 2 Super Bowl teams. Just don't get this. Though you are just a kid.
    Casey is just a shadow of the player he was at one time. McLendon in now the best NT we have. IMO if Ta' amu had shown he was ready for prime time then cutting Casey would be a serious topic of discussion. Fortunately for Casey it looks like T-mu needs a year of seasoning.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by aggiebones View Post
    I don't get the Hampton hate. He may no longer be the dominant force that he once was, but he is still well above average at NT.

Legend

User Info Menu

Although they activated Mendy, I doubt he plays the 1st and maybe the 2nd game. Probably just didnt want him to miss the 1st 6 games, which he would have on the PUP list.
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Legend

User Info Menu

The people who bash Casey aren't concerned with production... they just like bashing fat people.

I'm pretty sure they giggle when they type fat...

it used to annoy me but fat Casey is like Big Ben, Fast Willy, etc... unfortunately some fans think Casey needs to be slim so he can run passing routes and wind sprints.