Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ed: The State of the Steelers Ground Game

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    I disagree.

Giving a bunch of guys carries is keeping legs fresh, reducing the likelihood of injury and putting each RB in situations where their strengths are used best...putting them in situations to succeed....

Look at the number of 300 carry RBs in the NFL over the last five years...the number is dwindling...

And the ones that do carry the rock 300 times? On teams that aren't so good...
    Some people will suggest that's being too predictable.

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    Some people will suggest that's being too predictable.
    Then pretty much the entire NFL is too predictable...

Besides, isn't that what Haley was talking about?

To be a successful offense, a team needs to be able to run when the opponent knows you are going to run and pass when the opponent knows you are going to pass...

Redman: “I feel 10 times better”

Posted by Teresa Varley on August 21, 2012

Running back Isaac Redman returned to practice on Tuesday, coming back from what tests showed was a hip injury.

“I feel a lot better,” said Redman. “I was getting treatment all last week. I feel 10 times better. It doesn’t hurt me as much, just doing normal things like getting up and getting out of bed. I hope it doesn’t re-aggravate or come back.

“Moving sideways triggered it and it hurt. Right now my movement is feeling good. The trainers did a good job last week getting me ready.”

Redman plans on taking it slow getting back into practice, gradually working his way back with his eye on playing against Denver. But he also knows he still has a lot to prove.

“Around here it’s what have you done for me lately so you don’t want to get too comfortable sitting back not doing anything,” said Redman. “At the same time you don’t want to re-aggravate it and have it linger for the season.

“I want to do as much as I can do without triggering it, without making it worse. Hopefully each day I can keep getting better and better and I accept that.”

Redman hated being a spectator against the Indianapolis Colts, last week, having a hard time just standing on the sidelines.

“It’s the first game I sat out since I have been here,” said Redman. “It’s hard sitting on the sidelines and not being out there helping the team win. This is my big opportunity and something like this happens.

“It doesn’t hurt as bad as if it was Denver on Sunday night. That would be a different story. Hopefully I can get back and get ready for the Denver game.”

http://blog.steelers.com/2012/08/21/...-times-better/