Thread: Inside the Ropes: Ben looks crisp in no-huddle

Legend

User Info Menu

Inside the Ropes: Ben looks crisp in no-huddle

Inside the Ropes: Roethlisberger crisp in no-huddle

By Tribune-Review
    Published: Wednesday, August 15, 201

• Ben Roethlisberger looked sharp during the Steelers’ no-huddle portion of practice. Roethlisberger connected on all three of his passes — two to Antonio Brown and one to Chris Rainey. Roethlisberger also handed off to running back Baron Batch twice before giving way to the second team.

• With Isaac Redman and Jonathan Dwyer limited because of injuries, and newly signed running back Jason Ford unable to practice until Friday, the Steelers were thin at the position for practice. Batch took most of the first-team snaps, with fullback Will Johnson working with the second-team. Batch and Rainey split time with the third team.

• Rainey looked solid in pass protection when he took on blitzing linebacker Mortty Ivy during 11-on-11. Rainey weighs 178 and Ivy 239.

• Jamie McCoy and David Paulson took reps at David Johnson’s former position of fullback/tight end.

• Nose tackle Steve McLendon continued to work with the second-team nickel package as a defensive tackle. In the nickel, the Steelers employ only two down linemen — typically Brett Keisel and Ziggy Hood.

• Max Starks remains limited after being removed from the physically-unable-to-perform list but got some work in on the far field when he pushed a Toro tractor with associate strength and conditioning coach Marcel Pastoor and injured linebacker Jason Worilds sitting in the front seat. Starks pushed the tractor 10 yards at a time.

• Rookie linebacker Adrian Robinson continued to turn heads, this time coming against starting-caliber competition. Robinson beat tackle Marcus Gilbert twice during linemen drills.

[URL]http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/2414054-85/team-practice-rainey-roethlisberger-batch-linebacker-steelers-tackle-continued-david[/URL]
    Last edited by hawaiiansteel; 08-16-2012 at 02:51 AM.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Starter

User Info Menu

No surprise here. Ben's always run the no huddle well. Dude loves it. Duh

Legend

User Info Menu

Love hearing that Adrian Robinson is continuing to bring it. With Harrison being a question mark we may need that kid this season.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Wonder if Max was pushing Keisel's tractor?

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Love hearing that Adrian Robinson is continuing to bring it. With Harrison being a question mark we may need that kid this season.
    Yes, definitely glad to hear he continues to excel. Unfortunately, it also means that Gilbert continues his imitation of a revolving door.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pops8 View Post
    Yes, definitely glad to hear he continues to excel. Unfortunately, it also means that Gilbert continues his imitation of a revolving door.
    $$$
    It's as though Gilbert feels the need to live up to the Steelers' recent history of OL mediocrity.

Before this past draft, we were thinking, "One decent guard and one decent tackle, and we're set."
    Maybe we should have been thinking, "We need TWO of EACH."

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    $$$
    It's as though Gilbert feels the need to live up to the Steelers' recent history of OL mediocrity.

Before this past draft, we were thinking, "One decent guard and one decent tackle, and we're set."
    Maybe we should have been thinking, "We need TWO of EACH."
    IMO you are too harsh with Gilbert. He did well last year as a rookie. Like I have said before, he is unlikely to make a Pro Bowl but he is a positive step forward in improving our OL. He will get better and better and will end up being solid like Starks.

We fixed the problems at Guard putting Foster and Legursky into the back up roles they belong in. Gilbert at RT was not a major problem last year. IIRC most of the pressure Ben had and our inability to control the LOS was due to the poor play of the interior OL not the Tackles.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Adrian Robinson just seems special ... i hope he can play special teams b/c that'll be the difference between making the roster and the practice squad.
    I have a good feeling about Chris Carter too, so say goodbye to Worilds.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    • Nose tackle Steve McLendon continued to work with the second-team nickel package as a defensive tackle. In the nickel, the Steelers employ only two down linemen — typically Brett Keisel and Ziggy Hood.
    I'd like to see a lot more of McLendon in the nickel. He gets good push as an inside pash rusher. Giving Keisel and Hood a breather wouldn't hurt, either.