Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: Is it true?!?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Backup
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    227

    Is it true?!?

    I heard that Mike Wallace is going to report to camp soon!!!! Anyone heard this news?
    =====================================
    Like us on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/ATCfamily

  2. #2
    Backup
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    227
    By Jamison Hensley | ESPN.com

    Mike Wallace's holdout could be coming to an end shortly.

    Wallace, the Steelers' leading receiver, is expected to report to the team before the regular season begins, according to ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter. This doesn't guarantee that Wallace will be catching passes in Week 1 -- Schefter prefaced this with "he always could change his mind" -- but this is the first indication that Wallace is not planning to extend his holdout into the regular season.

    Wallace, who has yet to sign his $2.7 million restricted free-agent tender, only needs to be on the roster for six weeks to be eligible for unrestricted free agency next season. So, there was always a chance he could repeat what Vincent Jackson did in 2010 and sit out the first 10 games of the regular season.

    ESPN's John Clayton predicted Wallace will return to the Steelers before the start of the regular season in his weekly mailbag because Wallace will lose $159,000 each week in salary.

    According to Clayton, the Steelers are offering a five-year contract worth more than $50 million. Wallace wants around $11.5 million per year.

    http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/pos...medium=twitter
    =====================================
    Like us on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/ATCfamily

  3. #3
    Hall of Famer SidSmythe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Western NY (south of Rochester, NY)
    Posts
    2,522
    What a DINK!!
    It wouldn't bother me so much if we didn't have a new offense. I hope he's our 4th WR this year. BUTTHEAD!!
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

  4. #4
    Legend papillon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    6,806
    Wallace has misplayed this holdout from the beginning. Coming in at the start of the season guarantees you don't get a long term deal completed, because the Steelers don't negotiate contracts once the season starts. If he's coming in for week 1, he should sign the tender now and let his agent continue negotiating the long term deal. If he's going to wait until week 1, he may as well wait until week 10, why risk injury without the long term deal you want?

    He has been either given bad advice or has made poor decisions on his own this entire holdout, IMHO.

    Pappy


    1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

    "Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

  5. #5
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,162
    Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Wallace has misplayed this holdout from the beginning. Coming in at the start of the season guarantees you don't get a long term deal completed, because the Steelers don't negotiate contracts once the season starts. If he's coming in for week 1, he should sign the tender now and let his agent continue negotiating the long term deal. If he's going to wait until week 1, he may as well wait until week 10, why risk injury without the long term deal you want?

    He has been either given bad advice or has made poor decisions on his own this entire holdout, IMHO.

    Pappy
    Completely agree. I really have to wonder if he really wants to stay a Steeler despite the propaganda he puts out through buddies on the team. IMO the internal competition with Antonio Brown may be a little more than Wallace can handle or wants to deal with.

    Why else would you adopt a strategy that EVERYONE KNOWS will not get you a contract?
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  6. #6
    Legend hawaiiansteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hawaii 5-0
    Posts
    14,710
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Why else would you adopt a strategy that EVERYONE KNOWS will not get you a contract?
    well, it won't get Wallace a contract with the Steelers perhaps. but since the Steelers are unwilling to meet his contractual demands and he seems intent on getting paid Vincent Jackson type money Wallace is going to sit out as long as he can and reduce the risk of injury and look forward to becoming an UFA next season (assuming the Steelers don't franchise him) and get his new contract from another NFL team.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Wallace has misplayed this holdout from the beginning. Coming in at the start of the season guarantees you don't get a long term deal completed, because the Steelers don't negotiate contracts once the season starts. If he's coming in for week 1, he should sign the tender now and let his agent continue negotiating the long term deal. If he's going to wait until week 1, he may as well wait until week 10, why risk injury without the long term deal you want?

    He has been either given bad advice or has made poor decisions on his own this entire holdout, IMHO.

    Pappy
    Well said, and I completely agree.

    Regardless of his poor off-the-field decision making, I hope that Wallace returns, and the sooner the better. The Steelers offense is undeniably better with him on the field.

  8. #8
    Hall of Famer DukieBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,067
    $159,000 per week. I'll bet most of Planet Steelers work 3 or more years to earn $159K.

    I Know ... my perspective is all wrong.
    PLEASE DON'T FEED THE TROLLS






  9. #9
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,162
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post
    $159,000 per week. I'll bet most of Planet Steelers work 3 or more years to earn $159K.

    I Know ... my perspective is all wrong.
    Yes you are wrong. Don't you know that these guys are entitled to make enough money by their late-20s so that they never have to work another day in their life. It would be completely unfair to ask them to use the free education they got playing football in college and get a second career. It would also be unfair to ask them to live in anything less than a million dollar home or reduce their lifestyle at anytime in their lives.

    I think you are just being unreasonable to expect these demi-gods to live anything like the fans who worship them do.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  10. #10
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,834
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Yes you are wrong. Don't you know that these guys are entitled to make enough money by their late-20s so that they never have to work another day in their life. It would be completely unfair to ask them to use the free education they got playing football in college and get a second career. It would also be unfair to ask them to live in anything less than a million dollar home or reduce their lifestyle at anytime in their lives.

    I think you are just being unreasonable to expect these demi-gods to live anything like the fans who worship them do.
    Nothing cute about jealousy

    How many college players make the NFL every year? Maybe 10%...

    the rest have to struggle like us at regular jobs.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •