Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is it true?!?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    So let me ask the question; Wallace holds out for 10% more, .. can the Steelers dock his pay 10% if he fails to produce ? ... seems the team takes a lot more risk than the players in these high dollar/guaranteed contracts. I am sure glad the Steelers have some sense about how to manage their cap and talent.

that's what performance bonuses are for

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Why else would you adopt a strategy that EVERYONE KNOWS will not get you a contract?
    well, it won't get Wallace a contract with the Steelers perhaps. but since the Steelers are unwilling to meet his contractual demands and he seems intent on getting paid Vincent Jackson type money Wallace is going to sit out as long as he can and reduce the risk of injury and look forward to becoming an UFA next season (assuming the Steelers don't franchise him) and get his new contract from another NFL team.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I read he'll be back for the last preseason game.
    I don't understand why he doesn't sign and come in and leave enough time to renegotiate. Obviously they are willing. Dumb. By delaying, he all but guarantees that he'll be playing for $2.7M

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Yes you are wrong. Don't you know that these guys are entitled to make enough money by their late-20s so that they never have to work another day in their life. It would be completely unfair to ask them to use the free education they got playing football in college and get a second career. It would also be unfair to ask them to live in anything less than a million dollar home or reduce their lifestyle at anytime in their lives.

I think you are just being unreasonable to expect these demi-gods to live anything like the fans who worship them do.
    Tagging on late, sorry.

They think they are entitled to all this money. And they may be right. A study that Dr. Phil mentioned on his show (Terrel Owens was on it - deadbeat dad) that 70% of NFL players are broke 3-5 yrs after they retire anyways. :O

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawk View Post
    Tagging on late, sorry.

They think they are entitled to all this money. And they may be right. A study that Dr. Phil mentioned on his show (Terrel Owens was on it - deadbeat dad) that 70% of NFL players are broke 3-5 yrs after they retire anyways. :O
    They make a lot of money, but like Patrick Ewing once famously stated, they spend a lot too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    So let me ask the question; Wallace holds out for 10% more, .. can the Steelers dock his pay 10% if he fails to produce ? ... seems the team takes a lot more risk than the players in these high dollar/guaranteed contracts. I am sure glad the Steelers have some sense about how to manage their cap and talent.
    I always thought the opposite. Can't the teams just let the people go if they start with major suckage, or if they get injured and then it's Wal-Mart here I come for the player? I probably got that wrong, don't mean to be in-your-FACE about it, sorry!

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!