Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is it true?!?

Legend

User Info Menu

supply and demand fellas

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    hate all you want Ovi, but you keep watching them play. That's the reason they get paid so much...because we all keep watching.

They have a skill that other people pay to see them use. Good for them.

No hate. Learn to recognize sarcasm. Don't hate them anymore than anyone who wins the lottery and most players just won the genetic lottery.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    No hate. Learn to recognize sarcasm. Don't hate them anymore than anyone who wins the lottery and most players just won the genetic lottery.

Oh I picked up on it plenty well. You were being sarcastic in defending their lifestyle. That equals hating on them buddy.

It's an interesting version of sarcasm really. A passive-aggressive sort that just comes off as bitter.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    genetic lottery? No... you still have to produce, shake the right hands and make the right moves to get to the NFL. I've seen tons of talent fall by the waste side because kids didn't understand the "game" before and after the game.

Legend

User Info Menu

Oh I picked up on it plenty well. You were being sarcastic in defending their lifestyle. That equals hating on them buddy.

It's an interesting version of sarcasm really. A passive-aggressive sort that just comes off as bitter.
    Can't fool you. You truly understand the inner workings of my mind and my deepest thoughts Got me.

Don't mistake the fact I don't worship these guys as hate because I don't. I love the sport and the entertainment it provides. They entertain me just like a movie actor does.
    Last edited by Oviedo; 08-14-2012 at 04:15 PM.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

hate all you want Ovi, but you keep watching them play. That's the reason they get paid so much...because we all keep watching.

​Yeah, I do enjoy watching them.

Legend

User Info Menu

Exactly. These guys have a skill set that people want to see. That skill set pays a lot of money. If they want to make as much as they can with said skill set why would anyone be upset with that? I will never understand the hate.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Unfortunately no one will pay to watch me type.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Unfortunately no one will pay to watch me type.
    I would if you looked like this:

Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

So let me ask the question; Wallace holds out for 10% more, .. can the Steelers dock his pay 10% if he fails to produce ? ... seems the team takes a lot more risk than the players in these high dollar/guaranteed contracts. I am sure glad the Steelers have some sense about how to manage their cap and talent.