Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
How about 2010's Packer D? It seemed pretty good to me in XLIII...

Base defense no longer defines a player that a team drafts, except perhaps in the later rounds...that's why Alameda Ta'amu was still available in the 4th...

Top defensive picks will be players who can fit into various sub packages as well...Ziggy Hood and Cameron Heyward are guys that can play in base or specialty defenses...not only will you see them (along with Keisel) on most passing downs, but in that Steelers goal line drill in camp, they used a 4 man line: Hood, Ta'amu, McClendon and Heyward...
that's a lot of beef up front, and hopefully that is a big reason why the defense is winning all of these camp battles rather than just a failing offense.

If I could mix and match parts from different teams, I would love to have:

The Giants front four, the Steelers linebackers (obviously they don't all fit in the schemes together, but that would be up to the coaches to fix hahaha), I would want the play making ability of the Packers, and the coverage ability of the Jets because they have Revis and have been the most consistently good coverage team of the past 3 years