I focused more on the offense today.

The offense practiced the deep ball a lot today. Ben looked sharp, especially on the long TD pass to Antonio Brown. Emmanual Sanders made some nice deep catches today as Cotchery caught a lot of short and intermediate passes. The only incompletion ben that I saw was when Ike Taylor defended a pass for Antonio Brown. Even Heath Miller caught a nice 40 yard pass from Ben.

Barren Batch was the lead back today as Redman and Dwyer were held out of practice today. Chris Rainey ran a few reverses and made a nice deep catch from Big Ben that almost went for a TD.

The starting offensive line today consisted of LT Gilbert, LG Colon, C Pouncey RG Decastro and RT Foster. I was very surprised they had Foster at RT and Gilbert at LT. Mike Adams had a knee brace on and is only expected to miss 2 weeks. I didnt pay as much attention to the 2nd and 3rd team O Line.

All the fans there were great and cheering after every completion. Byron Leftwich did not have a good practice as all his passes seemed to have sailed from what I saw..However, Jerrid Johnson and Batch looked great. What WR is #81? He wasnt on the training camp roster they gave out at camp today. Whoever 81 is, he is tall and made some nice leaping catches in traffic.

Defense looked fine to me. Keisel was back. I didnt see Clark or Harrison.

Special teams looked good in practice. Drew Butler punted very well and Sushi made 2 56 yard FGs.

A couple other observations.
I saw Todd Hailey get in Antonio Brown's face when Ike Taylor broke up the pass Ben attempted for Antonio Brown.
Mike Tomlin was laughing and joking around with the players.
Tyler Beiler #19 was catching passes like Wes Welker does in New England
Tony Clemons caught a lot of deep balls from Charlie Batch and Jerrod Johnson. One even went for a TD

Discuss