Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How did Willie Colon look?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

How did Willie Colon look?

Couldn't catch the game. How did Willie look at left guard?

Backup

User Info Menu

I just rewatched the game and I thought Colon played fantastic at LG. With him and Max on the left side, there should be a lot of running room for the running backs.

Legend

User Info Menu

Colon is built to play G. The only weakness I've ever seen in his game is handling the speed rushers off the edge at RT. Now he's fighting in a phone booth. He's built to dominate that battle. And while he's not got the best feet for a tackle, he's got great feet for a G.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I said the same thing about Colon in the day that he is built to be a guard.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by toddjammin View Post
    I just rewatched the game and I thought Colon played fantastic at LG. With him and Max on the left side, there should be a lot of running room for the running backs.
    In what has to be the least asked question...how did Gilbert look? All things considered I thought Gilbert looked pretty good & would think he'd be alright at LT for a bit.
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Life View Post
    In what has to be the least asked question...how did Gilbert look? All things considered I thought Gilbert looked pretty good & would think he'd be alright at LT for a bit.
    Gilbert looked better at LT this week than he did at RT last week. But he was still far from perfect.

I have to say, the way we keep shuffling the line around, I worry we're gonna start slow this year until these guys get used to playing in their spots. Hopefully we have our interior line locked down now to get these guys used to playing with one another.

And then hopefully Haley lets them run block for the first 4-6 weeks until they get used to playing next to one another.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Following with Flippy's post above...how did Decastro look on film?

It seems as though Decastro has become the starter at RG without it ever really being announced. The injuries and position shifts of other guys gave him the spot and nothing out there says he's going to give it back to anyone else.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Does that mean DCast earned it or is it by default ?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

As soon as Foster is done playing tackle, if Decastro is still starting, then he earned it.

Legend

User Info Menu

No holding calls on Colon or DeCastro. That is a significant improvement over Kemo and Foster.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"