Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Dwyer is our best back....

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Dwyer is our best back....

....and that is WITH Mendenhall active.

If Dwyer gets the touches, he will border pro bowl status.

He is simply better than any back on the roster, period.

Rookie

User Info Menu

He'll certainly have a chance to prove that, but he has A LOT to prove...

Hopefully his shoulder will be okay...as it is often said, "You can't make the club in the tub."

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

do not agree at all.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    If Dwyer gets the touches, he will border pro bowl status.
    if Dwyer gets the touches he will gain 8000 yards this season which should be good enough to earn pro bowl status.

however, I don't think he will beat out Redman for the starting RB job...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    if Dwyer gets the touches he will gain 8000 yards this season which should be good enough to earn pro bowl status.

however, I don't think he will beat out Redman for the starting RB job...
    You are starting to see the light!

But, I'll have to revise my estimate...it has been about 5 years since an RB carried the ball 400 times...so, I don't think that 8,000 is quite within reach...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

The thing I like about Dwyer is that he hits the "Go" switch really quickly when he sees an opening. The problem with Mendenhall is not physical ability but that he has a momentary hesitation before he hits an opening. I don't know if Dwyer is the best back because he hasn't carried in enough situations to show that, but I am very comfortable with him as part of the backfield on opening day.

Legend

User Info Menu

I give him credit for seemingly showing up in shape this year.

Legend

User Info Menu

Maybe Dwyer should start... seems like every time his number is called the OL executes to perfection.

Anyone notice Dwyer waving his hand after that big run? It looked like the coached wanted to see Batch in the red zone but I wonder if they would have let Dwyer finish the drive off of he didn't put his hand up.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Anyone notice Dwyer waving his hand after that big run? It looked like the coached wanted to see Batch in the red zone but I wonder if they would have let Dwyer finish the drive off of he didn't put his hand up.
    I'm pretty sure Dwyer put his hand up to let the coaches know he was hurt, he mildly sprained his shoulder on that play...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

I didn't know he was injured on that play.