Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Dwyer is our best back....

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    I'm pretty sure Dwyer put his hand up to let the coaches know he was hurt, he mildly sprained his shoulder on that play...
    That is why he will never be any more than a flash player, a guy who teases but can't carry a load. He's in position to actually take the starting job... he rips off a nice run where he mildly hurts his shoulder (how he hurt the shoulder seems strange anyway. As I recall, he barely was touched on the run)... he rips off a big run, and he asks out of the game immediately.

He could be a nice backup, but I don't think he has the intestinal fortitude.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Dwyer is a pus$y.
    He ran through a giant hole, ran to the sideline and instead of bowling his big arse into the endzone...he jogged out of bounds. Then had the audacity to ask for a sub. Get him off the team. He's a punk. Best running back, my butt. He's a coward.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    do not agree at all.
    Yeah, I don't see it at all. He seems to have some ability, but he's injury prone. Even from an ability standpoint, I'd certainly put him behind Redman. I'm not the biggest fan of Mendenhall, but you have to put him ahead of Dwyer as well.

Starter

User Info Menu

From what I recall of Dwyer in college, he was not one to shy away from contact.

I'm thinking he's being smart and not taking any unnecessary extra hits. It is the first game of preseason.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

The whole topic is completely ludicrous. Yea, he found a giant hole and made a nice cut. End of compliment.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    That is why he will never be any more than a flash player, a guy who teases but can't carry a load. He's in position to actually take the starting job... he rips off a nice run where he mildly hurts his shoulder (how he hurt the shoulder seems strange anyway. As I recall, he barely was touched on the run)... he rips off a big run, and he asks out of the game immediately.

He could be a nice backup, but I don't think he has the intestinal fortitude.
    Sorta sounds like Issac Redman a couple of years ago and now he is a "legend" to many

Dwyer will be fine
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Sorta sounds like Issac Redman a couple of years ago and now he is a "legend" to many

Dwyer will be fine
    Except Isaac Redman has actually earned his status...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 8467thekraken View Post
    From what I recall of Dwyer in college, he was not one to shy away from contact.

I'm thinking he's being smart and not taking any unnecessary extra hits. It is the first game of preseason.
    The guy had 3 yards to go and he barely contested being driven out of bounds. When you are in a battle to get touches during the regular season, the only smart thing to do is finish the play.

If you look at Rainey's 57-yard TD, the DB had pretty much the same angle on him as the one who chased down Dwyer. Rainey cut it back at the 10, so he could not only try to evade the contact, but to make sure he wouldn't be easily driven out by his own momentum at the point of contact. Dwyer should have also cut back, lowered his shoulder, and used that 230 lbs.

Nice run; weak finish.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post

Dwyer will be fine
    I guess Dwyer is your legend... lol.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I guess Dwyer is your legend... lol.
    Not yet, but lets hope he actually does something to deserve it during the season. That would be good for the team which is what matters.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"