Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Dwyer is our best back....

Backup

User Info Menu

The way things are going with our RB situation... Dwyer may have to be the best RB we have... He didn't hurt himself last night with 5 yard average. Just hope he has turned the corner... I think him and Redman could take over a close game in the 4th... something we didn't have under BA.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm coming around on Dwyer. He's surprised me.

We should nickname his Moses. Cause every time he touches the ball, the Red Sea of Defenders part. I swear I've never seen a RB get the kind of blocking that Dwyer does.

Legend

User Info Menu

The run by Dwyer last night that impressed me the most was probably his first run. He was first met at the LOS and stiffed that tackler. He was met again and the same and was brought down for a three yard gain by the third tackler. I think that it has been too long watching our RBs get tackled by the first defender to touch them.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I'm coming around on Dwyer. He's surprised me.

We should nickname his Moses. Cause every time he touches the ball, the Red Sea of Defenders part. I swear I've never seen a RB get the kind of blocking that Dwyer does.

Maybe Dwyer's instincts and ability to read his blockers and time his moves just makes it look like that?
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Maybe Dwyer's instincts and ability to read his blockers and time his moves just makes it look like that?
    Probably true. It has to have something to do with him because it doesn't happen for the others.

Or we call different plays?

Legend

User Info Menu

Yeah, he did a nice job finding the hole on his big run to the left last night. He seems to have some natural instincts and ability. The big question is whether he can give consistent effort, stay healthy, and demonstrate consistency.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    I completely agree.

the reason that i left the other board that fezz and i used to post on was because i posted an article about who the Steelers were expected to draft and it got moved immediately to "The Draft Room". I can understand a board wishing to compartmentalize subject matter but my point to the mods was that this article was definitely Steelers related (actually had the word "Steelers" in the title) and would invite a lot more discussion on the main Steelers page than in the Draft Room that no one ever visited or posted in.

the one megalomaniac mod i referred to in an earlier post responded with a "well, that's how it is here and if you don't like it there are other boards and if you decide to leave you will regret it" and that's all i needed to hear to take him up on his invitation. needless to say, i have never regretted leaving that board and coming to this one, as my over 10,000 posts here will attest.

I don't know how he finds them all, but Hawaiian has managed to post over 10,650 articles here!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    I don't know how he finds them all, but Hawaiian has managed to post over 10,650 articles here!
    He'd be able to post more if some other site that shall never be named or visited wasn't run by such a douche.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Ding, ding, ding, ding. He has natural runner's instincts, with good timing. That's why I have been saying he could be our best back for 3 years now. Mendenhall simply stutter steps, delays and spins too much. Dwyer hits the damn hole. Redman is just too slow for an every down back. I like him, but not for 25 carries, more like 7-8.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Yeah, he did a nice job finding the hole on his big run to the left last night. He seems to have some natural instincts and ability. The big question is whether he can give consistent effort, stay healthy, and demonstrate consistency.
    If he is ever going to do it, this is his year. He came in 20 lbs lighter than usual, and the stars have aligned with RM being out and Redman being dinged early (and I predict he will be dinged enough most of the year that JD will have the carries he needs to prove himself.)