Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Dwyer is our best back....

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    My friend was big in high school and everyone went for his knees. He said he understands Francos way of doing things. My buddy just had two knee replacements.
    BTW Hawaiian, I checked out that other Steeler Forum and your right.....it's nothing but a ghost town. That's what happens when you have a guy with scrambled egg brains running the place with a bunch of bootlickers following him.
    Which one? A lot of the old school, formerly popular Steelers boards are gone or trashed, caused by some serious megalomaniacs.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Which one? A lot of the old school, formerly popular Steelers boards are gone or trashed, caused by some serious megalomaniacs.
    you use a very accurate word to describe exactly what happened, although I would rather not use the name of the site it was ruined by one megalomaniac in particular who took himself too seriously and got carried away with his "supposed" power and knowledge. it used to be an okay place to discuss Steelers stuff at, now because of him they are lucky to get one post a day there.

sometimes in the heat of the discussion or while debating someone with an opposing viewpoint it's easy to forget that we all have something very big in common that unites us and that is we are all Pittsburgh Steelers fans. we should always respect each other for that very reason alone but unfortunately there always seems to be that occasional guy who forgets that fact...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I don't want to name the site because the mod over there lurks over here and if somethig would be said he would throw his tanrums. I agree with Hawain, megolomaniacs is a good description. Plus just not being wrapped very tight.

Administrator

User Info Menu

I'm confused on why people think Dwyer is a lock to make this team over Batch. What has Dwyer done to prove his worth over Batch?
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    I'm confused on why people think Dwyer is a lock to make this team over Batch. What has Dwyer done to prove his worth over Batch?
    he ran through a huge hole a few times... and he was awesome in college. That is all...

Batch hasn't even done that much yet though.... we will see in a few who really has the stuff.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Dwyer has actually done things on the football field.
    He is however no match for Batch when it comes to making Steeler nation fall in love with him on Twitter.

Steeler fans LOVE the overachiever who comes in with little fanfare but works hard to make it against the odds.
    The Rocky Bliers, the Jerry Os, a Hines Ward. Look at all the Redman love over Mendy
    Batch sounds like that guy if he makes it.
    He "says" all the right things and works hard.

Dwyer is just the opposite, perceived as a lazy underachiever.

But realty it that to this point, Dwyer has shown "some" ability to tote the rock at the NFL level.

Batch has not.

Dwyer might not be a "lock" but if cuts were tomorrow, I guaranty you he makes the team.
    Not so sure about Batch.

At this point I would say that Batch and Clay are fighting for the last RB spot and Dwyer is in a pretty good place.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 08-17-2012 at 11:34 AM.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    At this point I would say that Batch and Clay are fighting for the last RB spot and Dwyer is in a pretty good place.
    John Clay has already been waived by the Steelers and former Illinois RB Jason Ford was signed to fill his roster spot.

I think Redman, Batch, Rainey and Dwyer are the 4 RBs who make the 53-man roster while Mendy remains on the PUP list for the first 6 games of the season.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Dwyer has proven more than Batch; BB has done nothing but fall into the LOS for no gain. He has done nothing but that. JD also had an explosive college reel. I feel if JD is given the carries, he will prove to be better than RM has. At least he doesn't hesitate at the LOS every freakin play.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Was one of the megalomaniacs from the old site the guy who claimed to hook up with Asians, etc?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Was one of the megalomaniacs from the old site the guy who claimed to hook up with Asians, etc?
    yes, looks like you know exactly who I was referring to...

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha