Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 132

Thread: Dwyer is our best back....

  1. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Crunch View Post
    Did anyone ever think or predict what Barry Foster would end up doing? No. I hope Dwyer does a super job... just like I hope Redmond, Rainey and Batch do when they are called upon...
    I called it. Well kind of.
    Dude had a high YPC (over 5 yards) his first two years
    Year three he gets the starting job.

    That was my first time fantasy football. No PCs, back then.
    Based on the above knowledge of his YPA, the fact that he would start, but more than anything pure unadulterated Steeler homerism, he was my top back on my team.

    I won the league. I continue to rock a Foster jersey to this day. Only jerseys (2 of them) I have.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 08-15-2012 at 03:08 AM.

  2. #72
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,840
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Sounds alot like FRANCO
    Oooh how we forget how the "great ones" really played
    I said the same thing last week. Franco was constantly ripped for avoiding unnecessary contact. That said, Dwyer has a long ways to go before he can be mentioned in the same sentence as Franco...which I just did anyway
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  3. #73
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    14,651
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Sounds alot like FRANCO
    Oooh how we forget how the "great ones" really played
    My mom always hated Franco because he ran out of bounds... I doubt anyone would rip Dwyer if he consistently gets nice gains then heads out of bounds to avoid contact.

  4. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I said the same thing last week. Franco was constantly ripped for avoiding unnecessary contact. That said, Dwyer has a long ways to go before he can be mentioned in the same sentence as Franco...which I just did anyway
    There are plenty of ways that they can be mentioned in the same sentence. For example, John Dwyer is no Franco Harris. Or, in his wildest dreams, one day John Dwyer will amount to a pimple on Franco's *ss.

  5. #75
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,427
    Franco did that later in his career, not before it started. And obviously Dwyer is not Franco. Franco today is still better at whatever age he is.

  6. #76
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,694
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    I called it. Well kind of.
    Dude had a high YPC (over 5 yards) his first two years
    Year three he gets the starting job.

    That was my first time fantasy football. No PCs, back then.
    Based on the above knowledge of his YPA, the fact that he would start, but more than anything pure unadulterated Steeler homerism, he was my top back on my team.

    I won the league. I continue to rock a Foster jersey to this day. Only jerseys (2 of them) I have.
    So do you see the same thing with Redman?

  7. #77
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,026
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Crunch View Post
    This may not be the case any longer... only time will tell... Based on watching Dwyer's limited collective body of work, I'm quite convinced that he could be the next Barry Foster... that is who I see when he runs. He may not be the fastest, (was Jerome or Barry?) but he just has a knack for gaining yards and big runs... Dwyer has the vision and skills to be a top 10 back. He knows where he needs to run and he commits... No dance no spinderella... just production... and he'd have a lot of production if he stays motivated, healthy and is give the chance. I would love to see what he can do on a consistent basis...
    Right on. Bingo

  8. #78
    Legend hawaiiansteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hawaii 5-0
    Posts
    16,037
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    My mom always hated Franco because he ran out of bounds...

    your Mom sounds really cool...

  9. #79
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    14,651
    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    your Mom sounds really cool...
    She was real cool... she was always on the sideline screaming for me to kill someone at football games.

    She also used to watch Mike Ditka play football in high school when she was a kid. She said he was the dirtiest player she ever saw. Used to kick players after he tackled them.

    Where she is from, Aliquippa,PA... the women know just as much about football as the men.

  10. #80
    Hall of Famer fezziwig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    3,329
    My friend was big in high school and everyone went for his knees. He said he understands Francos way of doing things. My buddy just had two knee replacements.
    BTW Hawaiian, I checked out that other Steeler Forum and your right.....it's nothing but a ghost town. That's what happens when you have a guy with scrambled egg brains running the place with a bunch of bootlickers following him.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •