Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Dwyer is our best back....

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    With our new OL, he is going to wreak havoc
    our "new" OL didn't look too good against the Eagles, although we were missing Willie Colon and one game isn't a large enough of a sample size to be able to draw any conclusions from...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

No sense in responding to this irrational topic anymore other than to say, we'll see. I think its more likely that he'll be cut than start. Most likely neither.
    He has some 'nice' rushing skills. But lacks most of the other elements on a consistent basis. In pass blocking, you take care of your responsibility most of the time, not occasionally, like he does. His rushing skills while adequate, are not enough. All our backs can gain yards against backups.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Do you have any college highlight film on Limas Sweed or even Mendenhall? Maybe some KiJana Carter highlights.

Dwyer is going into his third year in the league, and so far, he has little to show for himself in the NFL. He's been outperformed by Redman both years. I think he's better than Clay and will likely stick on the roster. I hope he does well. But before we induct him Canton based on college film, perhaps we can wait until he actually contributes for more than one play here and there?
    I never said to anoint him for Canton. I never said his college days prove his value; what I am saying is that my VISION tells me he could end up being a very productive back, if he gets the touches. It is my INSIGHT that tells me this, not to put him in the highest regards as is. If JD gets the touches he will put up 100+ yards most weeks, and that's what my vision tells me.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by aggiebones View Post
    No sense in responding to this irrational topic anymore other than to say, we'll see. I think its more likely that he'll be cut than start. Most likely neither.
    He has some 'nice' rushing skills. But lacks most of the other elements on a consistent basis. In pass blocking, you take care of your responsibility most of the time, not occasionally, like he does. His rushing skills while adequate, are not enough. All our backs can gain yards against backups.
    When Redman gets nicked up (as his running style makes very likely) JD will emerge as a big time producer and will be a top 10 back in the NFL, as long as he can stay healthy. Remember I said this.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

well, we can't say you don't go out on a ledge.
    Dwyer is much more likely to get dinged and stay on the sideline than Redman. While it is the NFL, all players get nicked up. As always, Dwyers hand will be up immediately, calling for a sub. His best bet is to dazzle 3rd stringers during the preseason, then hide the rest of the year for 5 years and become vested for his NFL retirement.

Legend

User Info Menu

Just think, if Mendy doesn't get hurt at the end of the season all this talk is moot because he is the starter with no ifs, ands or buts. The big moderator in the sky obviously felt we needed to talk about something.

When Mendy is healthy again all this will be moot.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

When Redman gets nicked up (as his running style makes very likely) JD will emerge as a big time producer and will be a top 10 back in the NFL, as long as he can stay healthy.

Remember I said this.

okay, I will. shall I remind you weekly?
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

When Redman gets nicked up (as his running style makes very likely) JD will emerge as a big time producer and will be a top 10 back in the NFL, as long as he can stay healthy. Remember I said this.
    I completely disagree about Dwyer being a Top 10 back, but I completely agree that Redman will miss games because of injury so we will need Dwyer to be better than he has ever been.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Just think, if Mendy doesn't get hurt at the end of the season all this talk is moot because he is the starter with no ifs, ands or buts. The big moderator in the sky obviously felt we needed to talk about something.

If Mendenhall gets healthy...

This season is an audition for Redman...at the end of this season, he'll be a restricted free agent...

Mendenhall will be an unrestricted free agent...will the Steelers have the cap room to keep him?

Will they even try?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post

No doubt... but this is the NFL and things happen. I'm willing to bet Mendy's numbers would have continued to slide due to Redman getting more touches. I know you don't care for Redman's style but his production made it impossible to keep him on the sideline or in street clothing.

I hope Dwyer plays up to your potential...