Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 132

Thread: Dwyer is our best back....

  1. #11
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,673
    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    I'm pretty sure Dwyer put his hand up to let the coaches know he was hurt, he mildly sprained his shoulder on that play...
    That is why he will never be any more than a flash player, a guy who teases but can't carry a load. He's in position to actually take the starting job... he rips off a nice run where he mildly hurts his shoulder (how he hurt the shoulder seems strange anyway. As I recall, he barely was touched on the run)... he rips off a big run, and he asks out of the game immediately.

    He could be a nice backup, but I don't think he has the intestinal fortitude.

  2. #12
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,427
    Dwyer is a pus$y.
    He ran through a giant hole, ran to the sideline and instead of bowling his big arse into the endzone...he jogged out of bounds. Then had the audacity to ask for a sub. Get him off the team. He's a punk. Best running back, my butt. He's a coward.

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    do not agree at all.
    Yeah, I don't see it at all. He seems to have some ability, but he's injury prone. Even from an ability standpoint, I'd certainly put him behind Redman. I'm not the biggest fan of Mendenhall, but you have to put him ahead of Dwyer as well.

  4. #14
    Backup
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Just West of the Baltimore Browns
    Posts
    329
    From what I recall of Dwyer in college, he was not one to shy away from contact.

    I'm thinking he's being smart and not taking any unnecessary extra hits. It is the first game of preseason.

  5. #15
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,427
    The whole topic is completely ludicrous. Yea, he found a giant hole and made a nice cut. End of compliment.

  6. #16
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,731
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    That is why he will never be any more than a flash player, a guy who teases but can't carry a load. He's in position to actually take the starting job... he rips off a nice run where he mildly hurts his shoulder (how he hurt the shoulder seems strange anyway. As I recall, he barely was touched on the run)... he rips off a big run, and he asks out of the game immediately.

    He could be a nice backup, but I don't think he has the intestinal fortitude.
    Sorta sounds like Issac Redman a couple of years ago and now he is a "legend" to many

    Dwyer will be fine
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Sorta sounds like Issac Redman a couple of years ago and now he is a "legend" to many

    Dwyer will be fine
    Except Isaac Redman has actually earned his status...

  8. #18
    Hall of Famer Flasteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Somewhere on the water.
    Posts
    2,541
    Quote Originally Posted by 8467thekraken View Post
    From what I recall of Dwyer in college, he was not one to shy away from contact.

    I'm thinking he's being smart and not taking any unnecessary extra hits. It is the first game of preseason.
    The guy had 3 yards to go and he barely contested being driven out of bounds. When you are in a battle to get touches during the regular season, the only smart thing to do is finish the play.

    If you look at Rainey's 57-yard TD, the DB had pretty much the same angle on him as the one who chased down Dwyer. Rainey cut it back at the 10, so he could not only try to evade the contact, but to make sure he wouldn't be easily driven out by his own momentum at the point of contact. Dwyer should have also cut back, lowered his shoulder, and used that 230 lbs.

    Nice run; weak finish.



    "I hate him. Everybody says I'm supposed to be polite when I talk to you all, but I hate him..." "He talks too much, he doesn't make sense, he's fat, he's sloppy, he acts like he's the best thing since sliced bread. He's ugly, he stinks, his mouth stinks, his breath stinks, and basically his soul stinks, too.

    "Not too many people have personalities like that and survive in life. I don't know how he does it."


    -Kris Jenkins on Warren Sapp

  9. #19
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    14,357
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Sorta sounds like Issac Redman a couple of years ago and now he is a "legend" to many

    Dwyer will be fine
    I guess Dwyer is your legend... lol.

  10. #20
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,731
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I guess Dwyer is your legend... lol.
    Not yet, but lets hope he actually does something to deserve it during the season. That would be good for the team which is what matters.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •