Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Could Legs play FB?

Backup

User Info Menu

With John Clays size, we should at least try him at fullback during a pre season game to see if he can get the job done.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by toddjammin View Post
    With John Clays size, we should at least try him at fullback during a pre season game to see if he can get the job done.
    Dwyer too. With those two we could run a few more quick hitting fullback traps too.

Legend

User Info Menu

i just got the oportunity to watch the eagles game. based on what i saw from legursky, he couldnt be any worse at FB that he was at center......wow

Legend

User Info Menu

John Clay would likely be to fullbacks what Frank Summers was to fullbacks once upon a time. Dwyer was a fullback in a triple option gimmick offense, not a pro style offense...doesn't translate.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    John Clay would likely be to fullbacks what Frank Summers was to fullbacks once upon a time. Dwyer was a fullback in a triple option gimmick offense, not a pro style offense...doesn't translate.
    I don't know that I would characterize the triple option as a "gimmick"...

Old school guys like Don Faurot and Bud Wilkinson are turning over in their graves...