Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Could Legs play FB?

Legend

User Info Menu

Could Legs play FB?

Discuss....

Backup

User Info Menu

I love the idea of Legs playing fullback. I remember in the san diego game in 2009 when legs lined up at fullback and mendenhall ran for an easy TD.

Legend

User Info Menu

I just spit my pop on the keyboard.

No, only in goal-line situations.

C-town

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chucktownsteeler View Post

C-town
    I agree, Legs most likely would only see duty at FB on short-yardage and goal-line situations.

otherwise, the Steelers are more likely to use Will Johnson and Jamie McCoy or look on the waiver wire for a hybrid FB/TE type of player.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Rookie

User Info Menu

In goal line and short yardage, I could see it...

In the open field, I could see a pony backfield with Redman and Batch or Rainey...Redman did a little lead blocking and also carried the ball in certain formations as a FB...

If you put in that pony backfield, it could give opposing DCs a fit...

Legend

User Info Menu

I put this out there a few months back. I like the idea. Perfect build and he gets the game.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chucktownsteeler View Post
    I just spit my pop on the keyboard.

C-town
    Fortunately, I had just finished my drink.

If Legs plays like he played Thursday he'll be lucky to even make the team. He did not have a very good day. Although I'm not sure if it was his responsibility on the play where Rainey got caught in the backfield and shaken up a bit. It could have been a mix-up in assignments. Anyone know?

Legend

User Info Menu

What about big John Clay?
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Lets face it, he's a lineman, not a RB so only situationally. Still wish we would have checked out Leonard Weaver when we had the chance....dam you Arians!
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    In goal line and short yardage, I could see it...

In the open field, I could see a pony backfield with Redman and Batch or Rainey...Redman did a little lead blocking and also carried the ball in certain formations as a FB...

If you put in that pony backfield, it could give opposing DCs a fit...
    Wouldn't it be ironic if we finally saw the pony package BA talked about every year as soon as he leaves?

I just imagined Bronko as a FB in front of Rainey with Rainey passing him into the hole. Heck Rainey might be in the hole by the time Bronko took his first step.