User Info Menu

Who Should Start on our OLine?

After last night, I'm thinking our best bet might be:

LT - Max
    LG - Pouncey
    C - Legs
    RG - Double D
    RT - Colon

WTF was going on last night? Adams might just need some time to adjust. But Gilbert was being abused. As was Foster. And there was talk about Beachum being improved which I don't get? And Essex is Essex, the guy that can play 5 positions, but is mediocre at them all.

I'm worried Ben's gonna get killed again by playoff time. Unless Haley can screen our way to the playoffs.

Was Philly that good? Were we that bad?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

LT-Max
    LG- Foster
    C-Pouncey
    RG-DeCastro
    RT-Gilbert

Adams was very slow and weak looking. What would Trent Cole have done to him? That was a second string DE he was facing. I think the others will be OK. I thought DD looked pretty good. Colon may have to go back to RT since he was a top 3 RT a few years back
    Last edited by Lebsteel; 08-10-2012 at 10:25 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

you people are too much

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I know. Did any of you actually watch the game? Heck, I thought that the Eagles didn't even show up to play in the 1st half. They were that bad. Give the OL time to gel.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Legend

User Info Menu

Before this game, I thought our starting OL in Denver should be (if Max is healthy):

Starks-Colon-Pouncey-DeCastro-Gilbert

After this game, I still think our starting OL in Denver should be (if Max is healthy):

Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    I know. Did any of you actually watch the game? Heck, I thought that the Eagles didn't even show up to play in the 1st half. They were that bad. Give the OL time to gel.
    At about 9:40 in the 2nd quarter, the Eagles had two 3-and-outs with minus 3 offensive yards...while the Steelers had 10 points and 26 offensive plays...

Then, the majority of the backups came in for both teams...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Before this game, I thought our starting OL in Denver should be (if Max is healthy):

After this game, I still think our starting OL in Denver should be (if Max is healthy):

Sorry Ruthless. If you aren't going to overreact after one pre season game then I'm going to have to ask you to leave the thread.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post

so what are you trying to say, that you think our starting OL should be:

Starks-Colon-Pouncey-DeCastro-Gilbert?
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Flippy, dont you think it's a little too soon to be going in this direction? How are you gonna make it through the whole season at this rate? Talk about an over-reaction...........
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Flippy, dont you think it's a little too soon to be going in this direction? How are you gonna make it through the whole season at this rate? Talk about an over-reaction...........
    I know I'm over-reacting.

I was most concerned about Gilbert and thinking I wonder if he's really better than Colon at T? And then it was a chain reaction. If we move Colon back to T, we don't have an adequate G in Foster or Legursky. And then it's like dominos and every last lineman falls down.

The reasonable side of me says Starx - Colo - Pounce - DD - Gilby should be solid by about week 4 in the season and gelling come the playoffs.