Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DJ

Legend

User Info Menu

They may just go with Heath, Pope, and Paulsen at TE for the first month while Saunders is suspended, and then just use Doug Legursky as the short yardage & goal line lead-blocking FB. If we aren't in short yardage or goal line, there is no need for a full-time FB if Bronko can handle those duties (should be 11 personnel...3 wide, single back...as our standard offensive formation). If there is an injury on the OL that forces us to need Legursky to start, then consider bringing in a FB.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    They may just go with Heath, Pope, and Paulsen at TE for the first month while Saunders is suspended, and then just use Doug Legursky as the short yardage & goal line lead-blocking FB. If we aren't in short yardage or goal line, there is no need for a full-time FB if Bronko can handle those duties (should be 11 personnel...3 wide, single back...as our standard offensive formation). If there is an injury on the OL that forces us to need Legursky to start, then consider bringing in a FB.
    I wouldn't rule out McCoy. He's looked pretty good as a blocking FB when I've seen him.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    I wouldn't rule out McCoy. He's looked pretty good as a blocking FB when I've seen him.
    that is what Dale Lolley is suggesting may happen...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

What about Tebow after the Jets cut him??
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

This was clearly going to be DJ's best season. He had gained some experience at FB last season, so he was going to improve in that department. He seemed stronger and more fit to me and he was just taklng this really seriously. I feel bad for him, but also for the team because I think he filled what they needed at that spot. I don't think the traditional FB is what the team really wants because a FB is not going to line up in the backfield every down. That hybrid guy who can swing back and forth is more in tune with this offense.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Here's a thought: put Dwyer at fb. He knows how to play that position already.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerphile View Post
    This was clearly going to be DJ's best season.
    my wife is a big Johnson fan...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    I read in a couple places that McCoy was doing well blocking. Johnson's injury just may have opened the door for him. Up to him to go through that door.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post

Waste of talented RB having him block. How about putting Legursky back there?
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    If Dwyer can hurt his shoulder on a 33 yard run, how in the world would he be able to withstand lead blocking?