Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27

Thread: DJ

  1. #11
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    21,086
    They may just go with Heath, Pope, and Paulsen at TE for the first month while Saunders is suspended, and then just use Doug Legursky as the short yardage & goal line lead-blocking FB. If we aren't in short yardage or goal line, there is no need for a full-time FB if Bronko can handle those duties (should be 11 personnel...3 wide, single back...as our standard offensive formation). If there is an injury on the OL that forces us to need Legursky to start, then consider bringing in a FB.

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    They may just go with Heath, Pope, and Paulsen at TE for the first month while Saunders is suspended, and then just use Doug Legursky as the short yardage & goal line lead-blocking FB. If we aren't in short yardage or goal line, there is no need for a full-time FB if Bronko can handle those duties (should be 11 personnel...3 wide, single back...as our standard offensive formation). If there is an injury on the OL that forces us to need Legursky to start, then consider bringing in a FB.
    I wouldn't rule out McCoy. He's looked pretty good as a blocking FB when I've seen him.

  3. #13
    Legend hawaiiansteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hawaii 5-0
    Posts
    14,744
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    I wouldn't rule out McCoy. He's looked pretty good as a blocking FB when I've seen him.
    that is what Dale Lolley is suggesting may happen...

  4. #14
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Hey Roger...
    Posts
    3,038
    What about Tebow after the Jets cut him??
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

  5. #15
    This was clearly going to be DJ's best season. He had gained some experience at FB last season, so he was going to improve in that department. He seemed stronger and more fit to me and he was just taklng this really seriously. I feel bad for him, but also for the team because I think he filled what they needed at that spot. I don't think the traditional FB is what the team really wants because a FB is not going to line up in the backfield every down. That hybrid guy who can swing back and forth is more in tune with this offense.

  6. #16
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tampa, Florida, United States
    Posts
    3,664
    Here's a thought: put Dwyer at fb. He knows how to play that position already.
    http://jeromiandbrittany.blogspot.com/

    Earn Some Bitcoins


    http://www.qoinpro.com/91f8fc96f7dfd461f6483ab3950deccc

    I am paying for my honeymoon using bitcoins.
    1PQsjF9rQqEWF8RfPzczyqCW6ULu1nZ3iu

  7. #17
    Legend hawaiiansteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hawaii 5-0
    Posts
    14,744
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelerphile View Post
    This was clearly going to be DJ's best season.
    my wife is a big Johnson fan...

  8. #18
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,179
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    I wouldn't rule out McCoy. He's looked pretty good as a blocking FB when I've seen him.
    I read in a couple places that McCoy was doing well blocking. Johnson's injury just may have opened the door for him. Up to him to go through that door.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  9. #19
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,179
    Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    Here's a thought: put Dwyer at fb. He knows how to play that position already.

    Waste of talented RB having him block. How about putting Legursky back there?
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    Here's a thought: put Dwyer at fb. He knows how to play that position already.
    If Dwyer can hurt his shoulder on a 33 yard run, how in the world would he be able to withstand lead blocking?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •