Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adrian Robison......

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Adrian Robison......

Is a beast!
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I blame the Food For Thought

Backup

User Info Menu

He better be...we need someone to step up at OLB....We are looking pretty thin at the moment...

The outside LB position will be pivotal to our success on defense. That is how we apply pressure...and we applied very little tonight...

With both of our starters nursing injuries and our #1 backup on the PUP, this has to be an area of concern...I know its early but...

Legend

User Info Menu

By Mark Kaboly

Published: Saturday, August 11, 2012

TURNING HEADS

Even though Adrian Robinson’s debut resulted in only one tackle, the rookie free agent linebacker pressured the quarterback a handful of times, including once when Robinson used a spin move.

“I did it all through college. That is one of my favorite moves. I watch a lot of NFL Films and see guys like LaMarr Woodley and James Harrison. You learn a lot,” Robinson said.

Robinson, an undrafted player out of Temple, felt the first preseason game was a good first step for him in trying to make the team. “I know I want more,” he said.

[URL]http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/2373567-85/adams-game-mclendon-steelers-nose-preseason-robinson-tackle-defensive-heyward[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I thought Brandon Johnson looked good too. The 6th year guy outta Louisville. Where was he picked up from?

I also thought Chris Carter looked good on the outside, so I don't why Steelfin thinks we are thin at OLB??

Legend

User Info Menu

It would be a mistake to try to sneak Robinson onto the PS. He has been in print too many times and showed really well against the Eagles. He needs to show on special teams and get onto the Final 53 or we will lose him.

Brandon Johnson was a free agent pick up from the Bumgals.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    It would be a mistake to try to sneak Robinson onto the PS. He has been in print too many times and showed really well against the Eagles. He needs to show on special teams and get onto the Final 53 or we will lose him.

Brandon Johnson was a free agent pick up from the Bumgals.
    we all said the same thing about Isaac Redman, and he wasn't grabbed away

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    we all said the same thing about Isaac Redman, and he wasn't grabbed away
    Pass rushers are a more premium position than runningbacks...

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawk View Post
    I thought Brandon Johnson looked good too. The 6th year guy outta Louisville. Where was he picked up from?

I also thought Chris Carter looked good on the outside, so I don't why Steelfin thinks we are thin at OLB??
    Let' see....

James Harrison is on PUP....he missed half of last year....bad back and now issues with knee.
    Woodley has injured groin....he also missed almost half of last year.
    Worilds is on PUP....Appears to be injury prone and really an unproven talent. Played pretty well when given the chance but so far has not shown to be a menacing pass rusher or premium OLB
    Brandon Johnson...A cast away player from Bengals...enough said.... Actually he was more of a special teams player than anything...He did look decent the other night.
    Adrian Robinson....An undrafted rookie free agent...played his FIRST preseason game last week...
    Chris Carter....Young Steeler talent but largely unproven.

My point is simple.....the OLB position is arguably the most important position in a 3 - 4 defense. The defense is predicated on rushing the passer and the majority of pressure comes from the OLBs...After our starting 2 LBs we dont have any superstars waiting in the wings....We dont have Gildon ready to replace Greene or Harrison to replace Porter...The OLB position in our defense requires elite pass rushers to be successful. Right now I don't see that in our back-ups...I am not saying that someone wont step up and be that guy, but right now we are thin at this position...

One last comment....OLB and safety will be our primary draft goals next year...

SF
    Last edited by steelfin; 08-12-2012 at 11:17 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelfin View Post
    Let' see....

James Harrison is on PUP....he missed half of last year....bad back and now issues with knee.
    Woodley has injured groin....he also missed almost half of last year.
    Worilds is on PUP....Appears to be injury prone and really an unproven talent. Played pretty well when given the chance but so far has not shown to be a menacing pass rusher or premium OLB
    Brandon Johnson...A cast away player from Bengals...enough said.... Actually he was more of a special teams player than anything...He did look decent the other night.
    Adrian Robinson....An undrafted rookie free agent...played his FIRST preseason game last week...
    Chris Carter....Young Steeler talent but largely unproven.

My point is simple.....the OLB position is arguably the most important position in a 3 - 4 defense. The defense is predicated on rushing the passer and the majority of pressure comes from the OLBs...After our starting 2 LBs we dont have any superstars waiting in the wings....We dont have Gildon ready to replace Greene or Harrison to replace Porter...The OLB position in our defense requires elite pass rushers to be successful. Right now I don't see that in our back-ups...I am not saying that someone wont step up and be that guy, but right now we are thin at this position...

One last comment....OLB and safety will be our primary draft goals next year...

SF
    Our DL played very well. Go to the 4-3 and problem solved

Won't have to roll the dice on converting DEs to OLBs every year and get into these depth issues.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"