Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Adrian Robison......

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Our DL played very well. Go to the 4-3 and problem solved

Won't have to roll the dice on converting DEs to OLBs every year and get into these depth issues.
    LOL...Perhaps we are an injury away from playing more 4 - 3 as our base defense...you never know...

But I do agree that the DL played well and we appear to have quite a bit of young talent on the DL.

Not sure I agree with your last statement..I think the Steelers have been very successful at this...Maybe not always via the draft but finding and keeping OLB talent has been a strength...

Rookie

User Info Menu

Given the propensity for teams to line up in passing formations nearly every down, I think the Steelers will be playing a lot with nickel and big nickel defenses, which would include a 4 man line...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Given the propensity for teams to line up in passing formations nearly every down, I think the Steelers will be playing a lot with nickel and big nickel defenses, which would include a 4 man line...
    It's coming...just wait and see!!!!!!!!!!!
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

would a 4-3 front look something like:

Woodley - Hood - McClendon - Heyward/Keisel?

It may not have the traditional 2 fast DE's but Carter or Worilds could sub in for some passing downs with Heyward/Keisel if needed.

I'm not at all opposed to seeing this happen given that the most impressive defense I've seen over the past 5 years has been the Giants when they are firing on all cylinders.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Would you people give up the 4-3 vs. 3-4 debate??? Does it really matter with teams having multiple formations and personel now???
    The Steelers are drafting still for 3-4 Fronts.
    Tomlin has been here 5 yrs. now and we are still a 3-4. Get over it...if & when it happens, it happens.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    Would you people give up the 4-3 vs. 3-4 debate??? Does it really matter with teams having multiple formations and personel now???
    The Steelers are drafting still for 3-4 Fronts.
    Tomlin has been here 5 yrs. now and we are still a 3-4. Get over it...if & when it happens, it happens.

Sorry, guys. Dad says I have to go inside now and stop being a sports fan.

Starter

User Info Menu

This guy seems to be the talk of training camp, like Baron Batch was last year and Redman a few years ago. Wasn't there a poll or something on here asking who people that it would be this year. Just wondered if any picked this guy. I only got to see the second half of the Eagles game but I was wondering who the guy was getting in the backfield all the time until I was finally able to read the jersey.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    and when you post on a message board try and keep your ideas and opinions to yourself, will ya?
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    Dad wants sensible conversation
    Dad wants new material
    Dad knows best!!
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!