Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OL protection still suck

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by calmkiller View Post
    He will be fine. First NFL game and you all are crying already. Really? You expect immediate probowl players. It is the same thing every year and everyone somehow forgets about the previous years. I remember when we drafted Mendenhall and Sweed in the first and second rounds and everyone was so excited over that. Same thing every year. Let the kids play a season of football and practice and improve. If they are terrible in a few year then you can start calling them out. Otherwise lay off. I am sure everyone here was the best person at their job the first few weeks they were there too.
    I'm willing to give these rookies time but I'm really concerned about pass protection. I rarely saw a pocket last night...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    overreact much?
    not really.

I was just pointing out that based on what I saw of Mike Adams' play yesterday I don't believe he is ready to start in Game 1 at Denver against Elvis Dumervil and Von Miller.

I think Mike Adams will be just fine, but just not yet...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Too early to tell,nerves can really get the best of you......
    If this was the final preseason game I'd have to agree with you.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    And Jon Dwyer had 40 yards on two carries...

Extrapolating that out to 25 carries would mean that he would have rushed for 500 yards in a game...over a 16 game season, that would 8000 yards rushing
    man, it's going to be tough to re-sign Dwyer to a new contract after he has that kind of a season. Dwyer is going to be demanding Adrian Peterson money
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Suisham was 1 for 1 on field goals. Extrapolate that out, and he'd be 16 for 16 for the season. He'll obviously demand Bill Gates money.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Suisham was 1 for 1 on field goals. Extrapolate that out, and he'd be 16 for 16 for the season. He'll obviously demand Bill Gates money.

Suisham was 14 of 15 on FGs for us in 2010 and since we will be mostly scoring TDs instead of kicking FGs this season 16 out of 16 is not out of the realm of possibility.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Mike Adams got beat bad on the speed rushes but I also saw him make a few great blocks and a couple pancakes.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawk View Post
    Mike Adams got beat bad on the speed rushes but I also saw him make a few great blocks and a couple pancakes.
    and don't forget that Adams has proved himself to be excellent at recovering fumbles, falling on two of them...

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha