Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cromartie Should Be Suspended for the Season

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

They should double the fine on him now for just being stupid to boot.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Cromartie is delusional.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NW Steeler View Post
    They should double the fine on him now for just being stupid to boot.
    They should fine his coach. Hold the coach accountable for his player not understanding safety rules. Goodell cares, right?

Legend

User Info Menu

Peter King>MONDAY MORNING QB

Monday August 13, 2012

Goat of the Week

Philadelphia CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, for his irresponsible launching and shoulder/upper arm cheap shot of a defenseless Byron Leftwich, the Pittsburgh quarterback, in the preseason game at Philadelphia. Rodgers-Cromartie is in line for a significant fine -- maybe six figures. I think it's worthy of a suspension. That's one of the most egregious hits I've seen in the league in the last couple of years -- worse than James Harrison on Colt McCoy, because you could argue that Harrison thought McCoy was a runner when he lined him up to hit him. Rodgers-Cromartie launched himself in violation of a well-publicized rule, and then hit Leftwich in the head in violation of a well-publicized rule. Luckily, Leftwich walked away, seemingly fine. The next victim may not be so lucky.

[URL]http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/peter_king/08/12/mmqb/index.html#ixzz23YBQMZHz[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Has anything become of this ?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    21k fine.

google is a wonderful thing.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

$25,000in fines I think

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

My buddy said he thought he read it was $21,000.00 Thanks for your response FF. I truly believed Goodell would have allowed this infraction to slip by being preseason and it was a Steeler that got the lumping. Had it been Ben, I'm sure Goodell would have done zilch about it.

Legend

User Info Menu

My buddy said he thought he read it was $21,000.00 Thanks for your response FF. I truly believed Goodell would have allowed this infraction to slip by being preseason and it was a Steeler that got the lumping. Had it been Ben, I'm sure Goodell would have done zilch about it.
    Maybe next year if Chuck Batch ever retires, we can bring in David Garrard as another backup. Then we've have the most clobbered QBs in the league that ref don't seem to care to protect.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

So the hit every media member thinks should actually get a suspension...gets a mild fine.
    Goodell is random.