Thread: Direct Tv sunday ticket.?

Backup

User Info Menu

Direct Tv sunday ticket.?

I've seen comercials for it costing only $200 this year but of coarse they renewed me at the regular $300. I assume its their yearly crap of new subscibers only. Anyone have any luck getting them to drop the price on their renewal?

Legend

User Info Menu

I believe new subscribers get Sunday Ticket for free.

It looks like, for everyone else they offer Sunday Ticket for $200 and Sunday Ticket Max for $300.

For that extra $100, you should get access to every game on your computer/tablet/phone, the Red Zone Channel, and the Short Cuts option that allows you to somehow see entire games in 30 minutes (which would appear to defy the laws of physics, since eliminating all breaks in a 60 minute game should only reduce it to, you know, 60 minutes).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I believe new subscribers get Sunday Ticket for free.

It looks like, for everyone else they offer Sunday Ticket for $200 and Sunday Ticket Max for $300.

For that extra $100, you should get access to every game on your computer/tablet/phone, the Red Zone Channel, and the Short Cuts option that allows you to somehow see entire games in 30 minutes (which would appear to defy the laws of physics, since eliminating all breaks in a 60 minute game should only reduce it to, you know, 60 minutes).
    If they are automatically renewing the Sunday Ticket then call Directv and ask what they can do on the price. In years past the customer service rep will offer you $60 off the price. Ask them if they can do better and they will go to their supervisor who will give you another $60 off. I go through this dance annually and it has never failed (famous last words). I haven't done it yet this year but I will when I get back from vacation.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    If they are automatically renewing the Sunday Ticket then call Directv and ask what they can do on the price. In years past the customer service rep will offer you $60 off the price. Ask them if they can do better and they will go to their supervisor who will give you another $60 off. I go through this dance annually and it has never failed (famous last words). I haven't done it yet this year but I will when I get back from vacation.
    Haha..be careful. I called in last year and wanted to cancel the ticket completely (legitimately didn't want it anymore) but they would not let me cancel it. They kept throwing all kinds of offers at me that essentially made the full package including Red Zone/Online viewing free. It was ridiculous.

So I told my buddy to try it and if they don't offer same thing threaten to cancel DirecTV as a whole. So he threatened to cancel, they put him on hold and said your service is cancelled, anything else we can help you with? I laughed my a$s off. he just renewed like a week later without any charges, but still, alot of runaround.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Legend

User Info Menu

Was that Skee Lo? You gotta bring that dude back for another Tailgate...
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorCal-Steeler View Post
    I've seen comercials for it costing only $200 this year but of coarse they renewed me at the regular $300. I assume its their yearly crap of new subscibers only. Anyone have any luck getting them to drop the price on their renewal?
    I got it completely free for this year as a new Direct TV subscriber.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Shiek View Post
    So I told my buddy to try it and if they don't offer same thing threaten to cancel DirecTV as a whole. So he threatened to cancel, they put him on hold and said your service is cancelled, anything else we can help you with?
    now that's funny, I would have loved to have seen your buddy's face when that happened

Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha