Thread: Rookie report

Pro Bowler

Rookie report

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...in-camp/page/2

I consider it mostly good news. Ta'Alu is not setting the world on fire, but since McLendon is, it's not a big deal, other than depth. The best news is that Mike Adams looks very solid, as LT is the most important line spot and I am not worrying about DeCastro struggling a bit; he is making progress and there is nothing new about an OG needing time to get up to speed in the NFL. He will be fine. Rainey looks good. I don't think the late picks at CB, WR or OG picks will make the team, which is not surprising. Spense is looking pretty good.
    Last edited by lloydroid; 08-08-2012 at 05:59 PM.

Legend
    Surprised about the Beachum comments because I read others where he was doing well.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    I think he needs to really settle down with the Mike-Adams-as-potential-Pro-Bowler as a rookie talk (especially since he hasn't even played a preseason game yet). Remember, Joe Thomas and Jake Long pretty much have two AFC Pro Bowl slots locked up, plus Ryan Clady may be healthy in Denver again, you still have D'Brickashaw Fergusonn in New York, and several other legit Pro Bowl candidates. Adams has shown that he is a better LT than Trai Essex so far. It doesn't take a Pro Bowler to do that. I'm still not sure that Max Starks doesn't take over as starting LT if healthy, giving Adams time to learn and grow.

I always find it amusing when people crown a player a perennial pro bowler or a bust before they have even seen a preseason football game. I will say this about Adams. He came to OSU with much hooplah. He is a physical specimen and a prototypical LT. I have watched him dominate people. It's frustrating to see that kind of talent only in flashes, combined with boneheaded immaturity, questionable work ethic, and minimal drive. With that all said, I'm really happy to read what I have been reading. Maybe, just maybe he has finally decided he wants to be great. If that happens...watch out because the talent is no doubt there. But, like yourself Ruthless I want to hold off any judgment until I see him play in games. And beyond that I want to see him put it together for more than a game here...and a game there. He has much to prove if you ask me.