Thread: Finally solid at CB?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Finally solid at CB?

[url]http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1284773-pittsburgh-steelers-6-players-impressing-early-in-camp/page/7[/url]

I have to say that Keenan Lewis has also had a strong start to camp. However, Cortez Allen is really showing that he may be a future No. 1 corner for the team.

Even though Lewis will probably open the season as the starter opposite Ike Taylor, Allen is definitely close behind.

Hopefully Allen's play will motivate Lewis even more to come through on those Pro Bowl predictions he had for himself.

Either way, the future at the cornerback position looks very bright at this point for the Steelers in camp.
    If both Allen and Lewis are legit, starting caliber CBs, that would rock. And what about Curtis Brown? What is going on with him? Anyone know?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I don't have an answer for you but to me, the corners on this defense are a serious issue if they don't step up this season. I hate to worry because it does no good but, I am worried about them not being able to handle the job. Ike is always good despite the Broncos playoff game but the other side of the field, hmm. With Troy in a decline and not knowing if he is healthy will be healthy or remain healthy, hmm again. Clark seems to me as he isn't the same player either and maybe it's because the NFL doesn't allow players to tackle anylonger.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

ps......and not to lead this thread in another direction, I'm not too comfortable with James Harrison being up to the task or Foote or whomever they place in there at middle linebacker.

Legend

User Info Menu

Lewis is better than advertised.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Lewis is better than advertised.
    To me, Lewis seems to have a lot of the necessary abilities for what would make a solid corner, but he does not seem to have put it all together...in spite of his skills, he just seems to be awkward at times out on the football field. In the limited time in which I have seen Cortez Allen play, however, I see more of a fluid athlete and a more instinctual football player.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Maybe, if we give up the 15 yard cushion ... blow that right out of the water and go to the 14 yard cushion instead.

[URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRdWntqCLwg[/URL]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post
    Maybe, if we give up the 15 yard cushion ... blow that right out of the water and go to the 14 yard cushion instead.

[URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRdWntqCLwg[/URL]
    Those 15 yard cushions must be at LeBeau's request. I don't think the players are making that decision on their own.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    ps......and not to lead this thread in another direction, I'm not too comfortable with James Harrison being up to the task or Foote or whomever they place in there at middle linebacker.
    We see these semi-anti-James Harrison comments each preseason and every year he seems to do pretty well. Eventually one of these years you guys will be right but hopefully not for a while yet BECAUSE I LOVE THE FACT HE IS ON OUR TEAM!
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.