Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's so Mazy, it just might work

Pro Bowler

It's so Mazy, it just might work

From Bleacher Report.....

Marquis Maze was not given much of a chance to make the Steelers roster because of his size and the fact that manyexpected seventh-round pick Toney Clemons to get that last receiver spot.

But Maze has been catching nearly everything thrown at him. Meanwhile, it seems like every other receiver in this competition has been struck with a case of brick hands.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WfcY4RqS-8

Isn't he about the same size as Steve Smith DeSean Jackson?

Can you imagine how set we will be if this kid turns out to be a baller? Right now,
    he is out catching everyone in camp.

If you have talent and heart I believe that is good enough when your a reciever. Doesn't work for you at linemman or a position that also requires size but as a receiver, talent and heart should earn you a spot on the roster to me

He has elite burst and vision. While not all that top end fast, he is sudden and a guy who breaks off big plays. I like him.

Hall of Famer
    Maze has looked good in camp and OTAs so far as per various reports. I think 5 WR spot is wide open.

Maze can return kicks which i believe is a big advantage. 5th WR on the team has to play ST and Maze can do that.
    Steelers Draft
    Rd 1: Mike Evans - WR
    Rd 2: Kyle Van Noy - ILB/OLB
    Rd 3c: Philip Gaines - CB
    Rd 4: Taylor Hart - DE
    Rd 5: Justin Ellis - DT
    Rd 5c:Xavier Grimble -TE

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by grotonsteel View Post
    Maze has looked good in camp and OTAs so far as per various reports. I think 5 WR spot is wide open.

Maze can return kicks which i believe is a big advantage. 5th WR on the team has to play ST and Maze can do that.
    With that other rookie dropping passes all over the place, this kid has a shot. Some little guys just got heart and a knack for not taking big shots; I think this kid could be one of those. Wallace, Brown, Sanders, Cotchery, Maze, Rainey, Miller, Pope, Dwyer....I am liking this a lot.

This TC the Bleacher Report has been very good. I think I have been paying more attention to it than any other reports. It is usually right there at #1 or 2 on the Google search and deservedly so.

This is a departure for me as frequently in past years I have generally commented that most of their contributors were in the bleachers when they collapsed and got knocked in the head. But not so this year.

Too bad they don't have any videos to support their observations. Anyone else think this has been sadly missing throughout most of the practices. Fortunately there are only two or three more days of all this talking.

Legend
    If this kid makes the team, I'm gonna be annoyed if people start calling him Mazy Legs.

Legend
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Last time the Steelers had a guy called "Maze" on the roster they won a Super Bowl.

Well, kind of...(Mays)
    Schiavone's Race Career:

Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

Prizemoney- $28,050.00

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    If this kid makes the team, I'm gonna be annoyed if people start calling him Mazy Legs.

Hey Flip ... Did you just open a door you wanted to keep closed? That is a completely annoying nickname BTW, like what they'd call him in Dallas or SF.
    PLEASE DO NOT FEED THE TROLL

Watching his highlights...I really like how small this guy can make himself while still playing with power. I like his ability to get that YAC, by seeing some daylight making himself smaller than he already is and delivering a shoulder. For a guy that is 180 pounds, you still have to wrap him up...slippery. I'm liking this guy.