Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Season Predictions....

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by legend of polamalu View Post
    Post season predictions here:

With a new OFF CO, Farrior, Smith and others gone, Mendy pretty much a wash for the year and the Wallace holdout what say you on this years Steelers?

Legend of Polamalu's Predicitons (formerly Smashmouth): 11-5 We finish in the top 5 in turnover ration and top 10 in rushing.

Redman if healthly: 1250 yds

Brown outduels Wallace

Ziggy Hood is our most improved player with Curtis Brown a close 2nd.

MVP: Timmons on Def and Redman on Off

All Pro's--Timmons, Woodley, Polamalu, Hood on def.....Offense-A Brown, Wallace, Pouncey, Colon and possibly Redman (Ben late add in?)

Rook of year: Mike Adams
    Redman will not be all that. He is going to get dinged and Dwyer will prove to be the biggest pleasant surprise of the season. Dwyer will rush for around 1,000, after not getting the rock early on, and Redman will get around 700 but will lead the team in rushing TDs with 8.

Mike Adams will not be ROY, DeCastro or Rainey will be, but Spense would if he got enough playing time, but I don't know that he will. If he does get in there, he will prove ROY. He will prove to be a beast.

As for their record,

Sun., Sept. 9 at Denver 8:20 p.m. (NBC) - It could go either way, but I am gonna say, prime time, in their house, all geeked about Manning, Denver wins. L

Sun., Sept. 16 N.Y. Jets 4:15 p.m. (CBS) - Jets won't be that good. W

Sun., Sept. 23 at Oakland 4:15 p.m. (CBS) - Could be a shocker loss, but I saw W

Sun., Sept. 30 BYE ---
    Sun., Oct. 7 Philadelphia 1:00 p.m. (FOX) - Philly usually has our #. L

Thurs., Oct. 11 at Tennessee 8:20 p.m. (NFL Network) - We win this. W

Sun., Oct. 21 at Cincinnati 8:20 p.m. (NBC) - We are simply better. W

Sun., Oct. 28 Washington 1:00 p.m. (FOX) W

Sun., Nov. 4 at N.Y. Giants 4:15 p.m. (CBS) - L

Mon., Nov. 12 Kansas City 8:30 p.m. (ESPN) - W

Sun., Nov. 18 Baltimore 8:20 p.m. (NBC) Revenge. W

Sun., Nov. 25 at Cleveland 1:00 p.m. (CBS) W

Sun., Dec. 2 at Baltimore 4:15 p.m. (CBS) L

Sun., Dec. 9 San Diego 1:00 p.m. (CBS) W

Sun., Dec. 16 at Dallas 4:15 p.m. (CBS) W

Sun., Dec. 23 Cincinnati 1:00 p.m. (CBS) W

Sun., Dec. 30 Cleveland 1:00 p.m. (CBS) W

12-4. Won't predict post season because it all depends on who is hot and it's impossible to predict that right now.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    The good part about my prediction..........I'm always wrong.
    I forgot that that was your method of madness. Thanks for clarifying.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I would love the trade to Minnesota because they are going to suck and that would likely be a Top 7 pick. We could easily replace Wallace with that.

I really could see Troy deciding to hang it up. He had always played football to live, not lived to play football. I don't think he is around in 3 years. We have a real issue at Safety looming.
    Fear not at safety. 7-8 safeties project to be #1 picks next season.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'll throw out a crazy prediction for fun. Redman goes down. Batch becomes the #1 back. He carries the load and we never see Mendy in Pittsburgh again.

Legend

User Info Menu

I could see us re-signing Mendenhall to a modest deal after the season, and doing a RB-by-committee going forward with Redman and Mendenhall sharing most of the carries and using Batch in a Mewelde-like role. I'm not particularly excited about either Clay or Dwyer at this point (although I'm hoping they prove me wrong this season). Rainey could shine, but I think most of his production will be in the passing game and on special teams as opposed to being a traditional RB.

If Redman shines this year behind the upgraded OL though, it could be a situation like Houston in which the unheralded undrafted free agent RB (Arian Foster/Isaac Redman) is the lead back with the high draft pick (Ben Tate/Rashard Mendenhall) offering the change of pace.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Me say: 9-7, miss playoffs. Ben misses 6-8 games. Offense 20th overall (5th in rushing). Defense 12th, but turnover ratio is much better than last season.

Wallace plays scared for most of the second half, protecting his pay day.

Cortez Allen is finally given the starting job in week 10 and looks like a future star player.

MVP: Woodley on Def (16 sacks) and Brown on Off

All Pro's--Woodley, Pouncey, DeCastro

Rook of year: DeCastro[/QUOTE]
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.