Thread: Andrew Luck wants to be like Big Ben

Andrew Luck wants to be like Big Ben

They say that imitation is the biggest form of flattery. The Indianapolis Colts rookie quarterback Andrew Luck looks to pattern his game after four of the gameís best at his position.

One of the quarterbacks that the first overall pick of the 2012 NFL Draft wants to imitate is Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger. The other signal callers are Drew Brees of the New Orleans Saints, Peyton Manning of the Denver Broncos, and Philip Rivers of the San Diego Chargers.

All four quarterbacks are seen as footballís best at their positions. However, if there was just one that he should emulate, it should be Roethlisberger.

Big Ben is one of three quarterbacks in the league to have multiple Super Bowl appearances and multiple Super Bowl wins. The others are New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady and New York Giants quarterback Eli Manning.

Another great reason for Luck to style his game after Roethlisberger is because the Coltsí new offensive coordinator, Bruce Arians, is Big Benís former offensive coordinator. Itís pretty obvious that Roethlisberger had success under Ariansí offensive scheme.

Under Arians, Big Ben threw for 18,060 yards, 113 touchdowns, and completed 63.3 percent of his passes. In addition, Roethlisberger made the Pro Bowl in 2007 and 2011 and won one of his two Super Bowls with Arians as OC.

With Luckís underrated athleticism, and natural ability at the quarterback position, he could definitely have the same success that Big Ben did under Arians, if not more.

Luckís Stanford University education tells us that he has a high level of intelligence, and that he is smart enough to know that Roethlisberger is one of the elite quarterbacks in the league today.

http://www.rantsports.com/pittsburgh...oethlisberger/

Legend
    I don't think we're gonna see anybody emulating Big Ben unless you find a guy the size of Brett Keisel that can throw a football.

I'm still not even sure Luck is gonna be the best QB in his class. There's another kid drafted after him that's got special talent. I've not seen anyone that can run at full speed and throw with such accuracy simultaneously.

All this talk about Luck and there's another guy drafted with a skillset I don't think we've ever seen coming out of college.

here you go Andrew, good Luck with your new playbook:

Be like Ben? That's blasphemy in the Indy area.

Colin Cowherd on his show on Friday said he thinks the Colts have the weapons to pass for 4,000 yards this year.
    Last edited by skyhawk; 08-04-2012 at 10:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I don't think we're gonna see anybody emulating Big Ben unless you find a guy the size of Brett Keisel that can throw a football.

I'm still not even sure Luck is gonna be the best QB in his class. There's another kid drafted after him that's got special talent. I've not seen anyone that can run at full speed and throw with such accuracy simultaneously.

All this talk about Luck and there's another guy drafted with a skillset I don't think we've ever seen coming out of college.
    Who's the QB?

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawk View Post
    Be like Ben? That's blasphemy in the Indy area.

Colin Cowherd on his show on Friday said he thinks the Colts have the weapons to pass for 4,000 yards this year.

Sure, with Arians' offense, no doubt. No fullback on their roster ???

Narcissistic injury is the term used for any threat to a narcissist's outsized ego or self-esteem.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post

Sure, with Arians' offense, no doubt. No fullback on their roster ???
    Really? They don't have a FB? that's funny. Watch the Colts go to the Super Bowl this year under Arians.

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post

I'm pretty sure you are talking about RG III but the guy I think who is going to surprise people is Russel Wilson at Seattle. The only reason he didn't go higher is because of his height. I think Brees has let it be known you don't have to be 6'5" to be a successful QB in this league ... you just have to be good. I think Wilson is going to be good.
    <a href=http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2011/02/roger-goodell.jpg target=_blank>http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2...er-goodell.jpg</a>

Backup
    If Arians' blocking schemes in Indy are as good as they were here Luck can join Ben in the most sacked club.

I can't say Luck will have all the success Ben has had but if he means getting pummled throughout the season, not learning how to get rid of the ball, broadcasting his handoffs, being so good of buddies with OC that Luck can do whatever he wants then, Arians is the right coach for him.