Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Don't Forget HOF Inductions Tonight 7pm ET

Legend

User Info Menu

Don't Forget HOF Inductions Tonight 7pm ET

I almost forgot about tonight. Hopefully yinz don't miss Dawson and Butler.

I'm even interested in Curtis Martin who I was even more disappointed we didn't draft than any other player including missing Marino.

If Martin played his football for the Steelers over his career, I think he might have had a shot at being the #1 RB of all time.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post

I'm even interested in Curtis Martin who I was even more disappointed we didn't draft than any other player including missing Marino.

If Martin played his football for the Steelers over his career, I think he might have had a shot at being the #1 RB of all time.
    HOF inductions are boring, to me, or at least when watching the whole thing.
    To each their own.

Legend

User Info Menu

I just heard Roger saying the NFL officials don't have a contract, so they'll be using scrubs for the game tomorrow. I'm surprised I must have missed that info somehow.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    HOF inductions are boring, to me, or at least when watching the whole thing.
    To each their own.
    I don't watch generally unless there's Pittsburgh players.

Legend

User Info Menu

Dirt is up next

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

What's with this HOF class? Half of them almost didn't even play football.

Butler didn't even play HS football and was undrafted. His accomplishments are downright unbelievable. 52 Ints in 9 years when they only played 12 games a year and never really threw the football. And he played both ways. His NFL accomplishments put modern guys to shame.

It was interesting to hear Dawson was turned off to football after playing in middle school. And the high school coach and some friends had to beg him to play football. I've always thought Dirt was the best lineman in the history of the game (and that's even after I take my B&G homer glasses off). It was cool to hear him give kudos to Cowher and Erhardt for using the Center position like it had never been used before. He also gave a shout out to Webby for how hard he worked after 15 seasons and how much effort he put in the classroom with the coaches even though he knew the offense better than they did after 15 years.

And then I remember when I lived in Pittsburgh, the Curtis Martin story while he was at Pitt. I think his mom made him play football when he was a senior in high school because she thought he was lazy.

Also gotta give a shout out to Chris Doleman, another Pitt alum. I seriously can't remember so many people with ties to Pittsburgh being inducted into the HOF at the same time. It's been a cool night so far.

Legend

User Info Menu

I just heard Roger saying the NFL officials don't have a contract, so they'll be using scrubs for the game tomorrow. I'm surprised I must have missed that info somehow.
    There was a blurb in one article about the scrubs ref'ing some practices to get practice. I think it was NE where a ref screwed a call and the coaches laid into him.... haa haa haaa

Starter

User Info Menu

Thumbs up

The Steelers could have grabbed Curtis Martin in the second round of the 1995 draft but instead they decided to draft future HOF QB Kordell Stewart with that pick.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Notleadpoisoned View Post
    The Steelers could have grabbed Curtis Martin in the second round of the 1995 draft but instead they decided to draft future HOF QB Kordell Stewart with that pick.
    Curtis was one heck of a back. And that dude is intelligent. Very well-spoken with depth. Kordell set the franchise back for a decade. Thanks, Cowher.

Legend

User Info Menu

Baltimore Ravens Hall of Famers
    There are no members of the Baltimore Ravens in the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
    Last edited by NJ-STEELER; 08-05-2012 at 04:26 PM.