Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wallace a chicken?

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    He WAS offered market value. He want an excessive amount above what he has earned after three year as a Restricted Free Agent.
    To be technically correct, there is no market value outside of the Steelers offer. He is RFA; the Steelers are his only market. The Steelers set his current market when they offered. He can either take it, deny it and finish his RFA season and hit FA with a larger market next year, or holdout and hope his Market Value (as seen by the Steelers) goes up.

The thing is the Steelers are not likely to budge. So, he can sit at home and stew or get into camp and work towards his long term contract and/or UFA. I think he is making a poor choice, but it is his choice to make.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelnavy View Post
    Finishing out your contract at $2.7M is NOT a hardship and I don't feel sorry for you one bit.
    It is not a case of him "finishing out" a contract at $2.7M. He has no contract. He is completely unsigned right now.

He is not violating a signed contract like Hines Ward did once upon a time, or Mike Merriweather before him, or Maurice Jones-Drew is doing today.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

He WAS offered market value. He want an excessive amount above what he has earned after three year as a Restricted Free Agent.
    BINGO. They offered him a FAIR deal and wanted Fitzgerald $, which he does not deserve. But he will be practicing soon; he can't afford to not have a great year. If he sits out most of the year, his stock for his next contract tumbles big time.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    It is not a case of him "finishing out" a contract at $2.7M. He has no contract. He is completely unsigned right now.

He is not violating a signed contract like Hines Ward did once upon a time, or Mike Merriweather before him, or Maurice Jones-Drew is doing today.
    Maybe not, but he is a RESTRICTED free agent, so if no other team steps up to sign him, he is stuck. They offered him what they have to, under the rules, and they even offered him a FAIR long term deal, which he thumbed his nose at. He wants Fitzgerald $ while he hasn't ever produced on his level.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    BINGO. They offered him a FAIR deal and wanted Fitzgerald $, which he does not deserve. But he will be practicing soon; he can't afford to not have a great year. If he sits out most of the year, his stock for his next contract tumbles big time.
    What was the deal they offered him? I am curious to know the guaranteed money that Wallace was offered. I don't believe the value of the contract was the issue. I believe the guaranteed money is the issue from Wallace's stand point.

If history is any indication, his stock will not tumble. There is always a team willing to pay. I don't believe Wallace will sign an extension with the Steelers.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Dont hate the playa.
    Inever hate anyone I've never met, however I do despise greed!!!!!
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Inever hate anyone I've never met, however I do despise greed!!!!!
    If the word hate was in my lexicon, i would apply it to Meion Sanders...but lucky for him its not
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel View Post
    I hope for his sake he comes soon. When he gets older and can no longer play, he will regret wasting the opportunity to get out on the field. A true athlete who loves the game would instruct his agent to get something done so they can get out on the field and compete.
    That's exactly my feeling this morning after reading the NFL roundup. A player that truly loves the game WANTS to be there with his team. This is about money and it has been said time and again the Steelers offer fair contracts. If Wallace even just signs his tender, he will make more in this year than the average family does in their entire lifetimes... Wallace can make it happen anytime he chooses, to the Steelers disappointment he has chosen not to.

Legend

User Info Menu

I hope Mike has a change of heart but I'm thankful we have other weapons at WR. The depth at his position really puts him in a tough position.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post

Seriously, what is with the splitting hairs? I thought Crash was on vacation... You know what I meant. He CAN get paid $2.7M this year if he signs before the season starts, therefor I DON'T feel sorry for him for not signing. Nobody said he was violating anything, except maybe the laws of logical thinking... Anything else that I didn't write perfectly that you would like to dissect even though it doesn't really change the meaning at all?