Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Clark wants to play in Denver

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I think Mundy is a solid backup safety for both spots. But do I think he is better than Ryan Clark? No.

Ryan Mundy is kind of the Ramon Foster of the defensive backfield. A guy you like to have for depth. Is able to hold his own when he starts. Underrated by Steeler fans in general. But he isn't a world beater either. I think he's a bridge-type player who could hold the fort for us until we are able to draft Troy and Clark's eventual replacements in the next draft or two.
    Well they better draft though eventiual replacements before the bridge falls down because Mundy is very average. Like Foster he needs to be a back-up who is only on the field in an emergency. He is however better than Foster in that he at least plays on Special teams.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Considering the competition is Ryan Mundy, I think he can rest assured that his spot in the lineup is safe.
    I was thinking along the lines of having a nickle as your base D against Denver and a lot of other teams with this turning into a passing league. And instead of having 2 traditional safeties, you might go with Troy and 4 corners (Allen, Brown, Lewis, and Ike) with Timmons and Spence used in an almost hybrid role in the middle of the field both being pretty capable of bringing an equivalent or better skill set to the table than Clark has.

And then you rotate a front 4 consisting of Kiesel, Hood, McClendon, Heyward, Woodley, Tam, Jimmy Hate, Hampton. And if you mixed up that line enough with speed and size, you could really throw off the Oline trying to block 4 guys.

Legend

User Info Menu

He is a big boy, if he feels he can play and the doctors give him the green light then put him on the field. We can't put the only decent FS we have on the bench everytime we play the Broncos at their house. I always had high hopes for Mundy but he has proven to be an inadequete replacement.

The AFC North is going to be a catfight this year between the Steelers, Ravens and Bumgals. Can't afford to have anything less than "all hands on deck" for every game.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

he shouldn't risk this for 1 game...we need him for the long haul.
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    He is a big boy, if he feels he can play and the doctors give him the green light then put him on the field. We can't put the only decent FS we have on the bench everytime we play the Broncos at their house. I always had high hopes for Mundy but he has proven to be an inadequete replacement.

The AFC North is going to be a catfight this year between the Steelers, Ravens and Bumgals. Can't afford to have anything less than "all hands on deck" for every game.
    Mundy will be fine...he was in the right spot in OT in Denver...he's been a good backup when his number has been called...he played well against the Jets and Panthers last year...

Will he unseat Ryan Clark? No, but to characterize him as "inadequate" is something that has not been proven...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Mundy will be fine...he was in the right spot in OT in Denver...
    are you sure about that? I thought he should have been a little closer to Demaryius Thomas on that last play...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Ryan Clark doesn’t hate the Ravens

Posted by Mike Florio on August 22, 201

Ryan Clark apparently is mellowing in his advancing age.

The Steelers safety, who’ll turn 33 in October, recently said that he won’t gripe about the league office as much as he used to. Wednesday morning, Clark told NFL Network that, in reality, he doesn’t hate the Ravens.

“I don’t really hate them,” Clark said, via Kevin Patra of NFL Network. “I was working out with Terrell Suggs this summer, before his injury. He’s a really cool dude and he said it himself, he’s like, ‘People don’t understand that we only hate y’all two weeks or three out of the year.’”

Still, Clark didn’t appreciate the way the Ravens behaved in their 35-7 Week One win over the Steelers last season. “I will say this about the Ravens: That first game last year watching them dance on the field, seeing them fake an extra point while up 27 already, it allowed me to understand how much they actually dislike us as an organization as a coaching staff,” Clark said. “So it brooded and stirred up a little hate in me.”

But Clark realizes that the broader purpose of the game isn’t to beat the Ravens. “This organization, we worry about winning championships, we don’t focus on beating one team,” Clark said. “There won’t be Gatorade baths because we beat the Ravens, won’t be parties, won’t be bottle-popping and confetti, it will be one game on our journey to win the Super Bowl and I always look at it like that.”

This year, the two teams don’t get together until November 18, and they play twice in 15 days. There’s a chance they neither squad will be able to field 11 healthy players the following week.

[URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/22/ryan-clark-doesnt-hate-the-ravens/[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha