NFL Betting Notes: Pittsburgh, OC Haley giddy about no-huddle offense

08.02.2012 08:11 AM

The Pittsburgh Steelers claim they will be using plenty of no-huddle under first-year offensive coordinator Todd Haley. Because what with an NFL offseason be like without over half the league saying it is going to throw deep, play up-tempo, spread the field, and/or go no-huddle.

“He’s shown the propensity to do that at a high level,” said Haley. “This is new to him, so we’re still working together on it. Ideally, if you have a quarterback like Roethlisberger and what he’s done, when he’s in full control, that’s a good situation to be in because he’s right in the middle of it, seeing what’s going on. There’s always communication at least in my experiences because we can communicate until the (play) clock gets to 15 (seconds).

“I could tell through the spring that Ben’s got his arms around it and he likes it. You can see his eyes light up a little bit when we get in that mode. That’s the sign of a great quarterback. The ones that I’ve been around, they want it, give me control and let me run this thing. He has the ability to do it, as he’s shown in the past and through the spring. I’m just excited to see us continue working as a group and get this thing ready to go for the season.”