Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Roethlisberger now states he's had a "little torn rotator cuff" since last November

Legend

User Info Menu

Is Ben wanting Wallace back, Wally's kiss of death?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Is Ben wanting Wallace back, Wally's kiss of death?
    He may have lost out with Plax and Arians, but he did get Starks.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I tore my cuff before, it hurts like you won't believe. I had the surgery and I actually recovered quickly. I was 30 years old at the time also. Prior to the surgery I let it go for a year and I had little strength and it hurt all the time. Being a bricklayer I use my arms constantly at work and I just wish I would have had the surgery sooner. I don't understand why, they wouldn't have taken care of it when they first knew about it. If he does have the injury, he won't be accurate, he won't be able to put any thrust on his throws and his shoulder/pain will let him down. Just my opinion of this with having the same injury.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    I tore my cuff before, it hurts like you won't believe. I had the surgery and I actually recovered quickly. I was 30 years old at the time also. Prior to the surgery I let it go for a year and I had little strength and it hurt all the time. Being a bricklayer I use my arms constantly at work and I just wish I would have had the surgery sooner. I don't understand why, they wouldn't have taken care of it when they first knew about it. If he does have the injury, he won't be accurate, he won't be able to put any thrust on his throws and his shoulder/pain will let him down. Just my opinion of this with having the same injury.
    There are different degrees of tears though. If it's mild, then you should be able to treat with ice, anti-inflammatories, and rest. I'm sure that Roethlisberger's cuff is nothing more than this variety.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Yeah, I understand that but I'm just thinking with the top medical attention these guys recieve maybe, they would have looked for a chance to have it taken care of as soon as they found out. Had they jumped on it right after the season maybe Ben would be 100% by now. For sure the Steelers/Ben did what was best. Just me bouncing things around. Damn it Jim, I'm a bricklayer, I'm not a doctor.

Legend

User Info Menu

I was a bricklayer once...but then I stopped playing basketball.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Yeah, I understand that but I'm just thinking with the top medical attention these guys recieve maybe, they would have looked for a chance to have it taken care of as soon as they found out. Had they jumped on it right after the season maybe Ben would be 100% by now. For sure the Steelers/Ben did what was best. Just me bouncing things around. Damn it Jim, I'm a bricklayer, I'm not a doctor.
    if you can avoid the surgery...thats always the best option

Legend

User Info Menu

It hurts...it's soar.. it's good...it's fine... it's August.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    if you can avoid the surgery...thats always the best option
    My wife had to have rotator cuff surgery. She actually had a bone spur on her shoulder that was shaped sort of like a scythe (that thing the grim reaper carries), and it was actually cutting away at her muscle bit-by-bit when she would be moving her shoulder around. She had surgery to repair the rotator cuff and grind down the bone spur, which eventually grew back, and then she had to have the surgery all over again several years later. Sucks.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

he won't be accurate, he won't be able to put any thrust on his throws and his shoulder/pain will let him down.
    We're talking about the superhuman Big Ben here. If something's not broken, sore, gimpy, Ben's not Ben.

Where's Hines to rag on him when you need him? Hines could remind Ben that Hines was born without shoulders. What we all thought were shoulders were just 2 big chips between his arms and neck. And even without shoulders, Hines never complained.

Hines has no shoulders, no toes, no skull, no ACL and it's rumored he stayed after practice to let Jimmy Hate tackle him 100+ times a day every day so he could learn to numb out the pain.

Ben just needs his own hyperbaric chamber to sleep in.