Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Wallace Predictions?-Play the game & go on record here...

Rookie

User Info Menu

I don't look for Wallace to show up until the start of regulation play. I doubt if he'll hold out for the first ten games because it might brand him a troublemaker. I also doubt he'll be at TC or play in preseason games simply because he doesn't have to.
    "Let's see...who do we play next Sunday?"

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e152/dart5219/BeliCheat.jpg

Legend

User Info Menu

He will sign the day after they don't have to wear this any more

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

I originally though that Wallace would get close to the contract that Brown signed and that he would be in camp right around this time. Obviously, I was incorrect.

Wallace is in a tough position, through his own doing. If he signs the tender and shows up now, it's going to be hard for him to save face. I think he'll show closer to the end of the preseason and play in perhaps the last preseason game. Ultimately, if he wants to get paid, he needs a big year, and sitting out and lacking familiarity with the offense is to his detriment.

I'm less optimistic that he signs long term. I would not give him $10/million per year that he wants because, unlike Vincent and DeSean Jackson, he is not facing a franchise tag or UFA. The Steelers can control him both this year and next under the tag. He and his agent need to account for that.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post
    Hmm, things aren't looking too good for me to win this prize ... what was that prize again??
    You get foiled again, of course...

Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    I originally though that Wallace would get close to the contract that Brown signed and that he would be in camp right around this time. Obviously, I was incorrect.

Wallace is in a tough position, through his own doing. If he signs the tender and shows up now, it's going to be hard for him to save face. I think he'll show closer to the end of the preseason and play in perhaps the last preseason game. Ultimately, if he wants to get paid, he needs a big year, and sitting out and lacking familiarity with the offense is to his detriment.

I'm less optimistic that he signs long term. I would not give him $10/million per year that he wants because, unlike Vincent and DeSean Jackson, he is not facing a franchise tag or UFA. The Steelers can control him both this year and next under the tag. He and his agent need to account for that.
    Wallace should accept the contract that Brown signed. It is a fair contract for all involved. The problem is completely Wallace and being unreasonable. He has completely overplayed his hand. Worse yet he was playing with an organization that doesn't lose and can't be pressured.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Wallace should accept the contract that Brown signed. It is a fair contract for all involved. The problem is completely Wallace and being unreasonable. He has completely overplayed his hand. Worse yet he was playing with an organization that doesn't lose and can't be pressured.
    Well, they can be pressured; it just doesn't do any good and, it seems, Mike Wallace and/or his agent haven't figured that out yet.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Why not give him a contract similar to what Shady McCoy signed? It's slightly more money than Brown got (so Wallace saves some face) but not much more (so the Steelers save some face as well). It's got the same $8.5 million signing bonus that Brown got, but more guaranteed money overall (first 3 seasons' salaries fully guaranteed).

Inside LeSean McCoy's $45M contract extension
    By Brian McIntyre NFL.com
    Published: May 22, 2012 at 12:02 p.m.
    Updated: May 22, 2012 at 12:59 p.m.

Late last week, the Philadelphia Eagles signed running back LeSean McCoy to a five-year extension worth $45 million. With McCoy already under contract through this season, the new extension locked McCoy up through 2017 for $45.615 million over the next six seasons. According to a source knowledge of the specifics of the contract, here's how McCoy's deal breaks down:

2012: McCoy received an $8.5 million signing bonus, which will be prorated against the cap through the 2016 season ($1.7 million per year) and the $615,000 McCoy was scheduled to earn in the final year of his rookie contract has been fully guaranteed (skill, injury and cap). McCoy's cap number has increased from $957,533 to $2,657,533.

2013: $3 million in fully guaranteed base salary, a $100,000 workout bonus and up to $150,000 in per game active roster bonuses ($9,375 per game). If McCoy is active for all 16 games, his cap number in 2013 would be $4.95 million.

2014: $7.65 million in fully guaranteed base salary, a $100,000 workout bonus and up to $250,000 in per game active roster bonuses ($15,625 per game). If McCoy is active for all 16 games, his cap number in 2014 will be $9.7 million.

As long as McCoy is active for all 48 games, the cash payout over the first three years of the contract is $20.365 million, with $19.75 million of that amount representing "new money" and an additional $1 million guaranteed remaining over the final three years of the contract.

2015: $9.75 million in base salary, of which $1 million is fully guaranteed, a $250,000 workout bonus and $250,000 in per game active roster bonuses ($15,625 per game). If McCoy is active for all 16 games, his 2015 cap number will be $11.95 million.

2016: $6.9 million in base salary and a $250,000 workout bonus. McCoy's cap number is scheduled to be $8.85 million.

2017: $7.6 million in base salary and a $250,000 workout bonus. McCoy's cap number is scheduled to be $7.85 million.
    [URL]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82941f7d/article/inside-lesean-mccoys-45m-contract-extension[/URL]
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Or how about a Steve Smith like contract?

4/10/2012: Signed a four-year, $37.75 million contract w/2016 Option. The deal contains $16.8 million guaranteed, including a $10 million signing bonus and each of Smith's first three base salaries. 2012: $1 million, 2013: $3.75 million, 2014: $4 million (+ $3 million option bonus), 2015: $7 million, 2016: $9 million (Option Year), 2017: Free Agent
    [URL]http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/2386/steve-smith[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Okay, I found it...Arian Foster's contract...it's the Antonio Brown contract with a bigger signing bonus and more guaranteed money overall:

3/5/2012: Signed a five-year, $43.5 million contract. The deal contains $20.75 million guaranteed, including a $12.5 million signing bonus, Foster's first-year salary, and $3.25 million of his second-year salary. Foster is eligible for annual per-game roster bonuses worth up to $500,000 per year. 2012: $5 million, 2013: $5.25 million, 2014: $5.75 million, 2015: $6 million, 2016: $6.5 million, 2017: Free Agent
    [URL]http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5469/arian-foster[/URL]

Rookie

User Info Menu

From wht I've read in the past, the Steelers usually prefer not to guarantee salaries...