Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wallace Predictions?-Play the game & go on record here...

Legend

User Info Menu

Pre-season game 1 is Thursday, August 9th.

I think he shows up one week before that to get himself involved in the pre-season

Legend

User Info Menu

He'll be back. Colbert said that Wallace is not on the trade market. Colbert still wants to sign him long-term, and when Colbert wants his man, Colbert pretty much always gets his man. I'd imagine that in the near future, Wallace will receive calls from Hines explaining what happened when he held out of camp, Ben will call him and talk about how special they can be in this new offense, his B.F.F. Keenan Lewis will call and challenge him to face off against each other in camp practices now that they should both be starters, etc. He'll report within a week, and will be signed long term within a week or two after that. He'll get only a little bit more total dollars than Brown got, but the major difference with be a signing bonus that is likely twice what Brown got, and total guaranteed dollars (via roster bonuses and other creative provisions) may be nearly triple what Brown got.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    He'll be back. Colbert said that Wallace is not on the trade market. Colbert still wants to sign him long-term, and when Colbert wants his man, Colbert pretty much always gets his man. I'd imagine that in the near future, Wallace will receive calls from Hines explaining what happened when he held out of camp, Ben will call him and talk about how special they can be in this new offense, his B.F.F. Keenan Lewis will call and challenge him to face off against each other in camp practices now that they should both be starters, etc. He'll report within a week, and will be signed long term within a week or two after that. He'll get only a little bit more total dollars than Brown got, but the major difference with be a signing bonus that is likely twice what Brown got, and total guaranteed dollars (via roster bonuses and other creative provisions) may be nearly triple what Brown got.
    Ruth, for the first time in memory you have let me down ... I thought for SURE you were going to have a picture of Dudley Do-right or some Canadian Mountie to follow that phrase!

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Wallace will sign an extension by the time camp breaks!!! He will get somewhere between Antonio Brown's contract and Desean Jackson's contract number wise. Somewhere in the vicinity of 5 years 47 million with 20 guaranteed. I think we are all really over-reacting to this situation. The kid is special and deserves to be paid that way. The Steelers will get their man because they always do. They will figure out a way to make it right for everyone all the way around. There is a stand-off right now but it will be resolved and by the time Denver rolls around on the calendar we will have all forgotten about this whole situation. Wallace has too many reasons not to sign an extension with the Steelers than to play hardball forever. Roethlisberger, Wallace, and Brown will make for a very potent passing game for years to come!!!
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6946&dateline=1338146203 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1338146203</a>

Legend

User Info Menu

OR

Unfortunately, it doesn't suck too bad to be him. He can hold out and join the team in the 10th week to accrue the final year he needs to be eligible for UFA. If he comes back in the 10th week, chances are he won't play or very little limiting the possibility of injury and getting paid $168,000 per game while doing it. Then next year rolls around the Steelers may or may not franchise him and he can negotiate a contract with any team in the league. It may not be the one he wants, but someone will still pay him pretty good money to be on their team. I don't expect to see Mike Wallace until week 10, then very little of him on the field and he'll try his hand at UFA next year.

Good work fellas, saved me from doing all the typing.
    I really think these are the only logical options.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Steelers will sign Mike Wallace. Steelers FO knows what Mike Wallace brings on table.

Mike Wallace will show up on Aug-11.

Mike Wallace deal:

6 yr - 54 million (22 million guaranteed)
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I sure do hope this is how it all plays out...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post
    Ruth, for the first time in memory you have let me down ... I thought for SURE you were going to have a picture of Dudley Do-right or some Canadian Mountie to follow that phrase!
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

YES! All is right with the world now! (And I predict Wallace will now sign tomorrow!).

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post
    ...And I predict Wallace will now sign tomorrow! ...
    Hmm, things aren't looking too good for me to win this prize ... what was that prize again??