Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mike Wallace Prediction Thread

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Mike Wallace Prediction Thread

I was just thinking to myself what the likely resolution to this suddenly nasty Mike Wallace situation will be and I wanted to see the gamut of everyone's thoughts on the subject.

My thinking is that he will either report by Monday or he will be sitting out regular season games and consequently taking his services elsewhere. The barometer for his contract has been laid out by AB's deal and it can't serve as a negotiating point until he reports. It serves no purpose or logic to stay away from camp any longer, unless his ultimate strategy is to play his minimum 6 games and move on outta here.

I'm going to predict he signs his tender on Monday and reports to camp. I hope we can reach a long-term deal with him, but it seems he will have to eat a huge slice of humble pie, if he is to get within range of the team's offer and I'm not so sure he is willing to do that.

As far as ultimate predictions go, I see two possible destinies for Mike Wallace.
    1. He signs a long-term deal with the Steelers. This of course allows him to experience several more world championships, paves the way for his eventual hall of fame induction, and sets him up for a life of total fulfillment.

2. He signs on to the highest bidder in the open market after sitting out the first 10 weeks of 2012 and scores a big contract. Unfortunately for Mike, that team happens to be the Cleveland Browns...and the contract embarrassingly enough is for 5 years and $50M. 2012 will prove to be the last time Wallace is affiliated with a winning team during his NFL career. The continual rotation of sub par Browns quarterbacking and nagging injuries robs Wallace of both victories and his numbers. Frustrated, he will eventually force his way out of Cleveland after only 3 seasons, then bounce around a few other losing teams as his speed slowly diminishes to a pedestrian pace. Following his lackluster career, he sinks into depression and consequently sees a way to make more money by blaming it on concussions and he joins the still on-going concussion lawsuit.

So what's it going to be Mike?

What do you guys see happening?

Legend

User Info Menu

I predict he signs a long term deal that looks similar to the Antonio Brown deal from the outside...perhaps slightly more overall, but with specific contract language giving him, let's say, double the signing bonus Brown just got and possibly triple the guaranteed money overall, since Mike is a much more proven commodity than Antonio (171 catches for 3206 yards at 18.7 yards per catch and 24 touchdowns in 3 seasons vs. 85 catches for 1275 yards at 15.0 yards per catch and 2 touchdowns in 2 seasons).

The bonuses could be structured similarly to what Ray Rice got (he wanted a Adrian-Peterson-like $100 million contract but didn't get it, just like Wallace supposedly wants a Larry-Fitzgerald-like $100 million contract but won't get it):

Ray Rice 7/16/2012: Signed a five-year, $35 million contract. The deal contains $24 million guaranteed, including a $15 million signing bonus. Another $5 million is available via an escalator clause based on rushing and receiving stats and Baltimore's offensive ranking. 2012: $2 million, 2013: $1 million (+ $7 million option bonus due in March), 2014: $4 million, 2015-2016: $3 million, 2017: Free Agent
    [URL]http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4645/ray-rice[/URL]
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

i dont think wallace cares about anything except the money. i should restate that. money is his most important thing.
    you dont proclaim yourself the 'young money crew' unless that's what you're all about.
    once his vag heals, i think he will sign his tender and report. the steelers will still take the high road and offer him a more than fair deal. the thought of having 8 million a year, with 20 guaranteed, will be too much to resist....because after all, its all about the money for mike.

Legend

User Info Menu

I predict he signs his RFA tender at some point, plays out the season and then becomes an UFA next season. the Steelers will not franchise tag him and Wallace will get his long-term contract from another team...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Rookie

User Info Menu

I don't know anymore -- too much drama, my head hurts. Where's the concussion line start at?
    "Let's see...who do we play next Sunday?"

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e152/dart5219/BeliCheat.jpg

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

If this were Madden 13 i'd trade him for Patrick Willis
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

The Steelers find a team that is willing to part with a first-round pick for Wallace. He signs his tender and is dealt away to that team, who will give him the long-term, big money contract he so desires. The Steelers get a chance to grab a future star at a position of need (S, LB) via the draft next spring. Win-win situation for both sides.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    The Steelers find a team that is willing to part with a first-round pick for Wallace. He signs his tender and is dealt away to that team, who will give him the long-term, big money contract he so desires. The Steelers get a chance to grab a future star at a position of need (S, LB) via the draft next spring. Win-win situation for both sides.

As long as it's not the AFC North, or New England. I think Steelers West, or the Jets would be a nice place for him to disappear to.

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

i say he sits on top of his ego this entire season and we end up getting a number three pick next season for him.

Legend

User Info Menu

I think Wallace will be playing for another team next season.
    Trolls are people too.