Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: just think how pissed wallace's agent is....lol

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    They're more scary than Hines Ward, Randel El and Cedric Wilson and we got a ring with that crew.
    That group had Hines Ward in his prime, with multiple seasons of success under his belt.

The current group has 2 guys with very little experience & a guy that is no danger of starting anywhere in the NFL.

Brown, for all the love we give him, has got to back up last years performance before he gets annointed anywhere near Hines Ward class.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Jackson Powers-Johnson OC
    2. Ruke Orhorhoro DT
    3. Khyree Jackson CB
    3. Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint WR
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Jordan Jefferson DT

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    They're more scary than Hines Ward, Randel El and Cedric Wilson and we got a ring with that crew.
    And that group had Bettis & Willie Parker to lean on. Our group has Redman &....Dwyer? Batch?
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    2. Ruke Orhorhoro DT
    3. Khyree Jackson CB
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Jordan Jefferson DT

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    And that group had Bettis & Willie Parker to lean on. Our group has Redman &....Dwyer? Batch?
    If the new NFL has taught us anything, it is that teams can make (and win) SB without great skill players...except for the QB...

The Saints made and won the SB with one 1,000 yard WR and an effective ground game (with no 1000 yard rusher)...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    If the new NFL has taught us anything, it is that teams can make (and win) SB without great skill players...except for the QB...

The Saints made and won the SB with one 1,000 yard WR and an effective ground game (with no 1000 yard rusher)...
    That effective ground game was the 6th best rushing attack in the NFL. Are Redman & co going to reach those heights?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    2. Ruke Orhorhoro DT
    3. Khyree Jackson CB
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Jordan Jefferson DT

Legend

User Info Menu

Please explain how Wallace's wage demands have hurt the Steelers chances of winning- remembering that you said he has the right to make as much money as he can.

What is a 'fair' price for Wallace? The one YOU feel is appropriate? Or should we use Antonio Brown as the measuring stick? Maybe we should. Brown has had 1 years success. This entitled him to a contract extension of 5 years for $42.5 million.

Wallace has had 3 years of success. Should he get 3 times as much? Is that 'fair'?

Did Ben's $100+ million contract hamper the teams ability to sign other big price players? If yes- are you equally ticked at Ben? And if no, how can Wallace's desired contract impact the team any more than Ben's does?
    c'mon chadman,
    how can you compare a qb to a wr? how many franchises have won superbowls or become dynasties because of a wr? how many times during the nfl draft have you heard all the analyst state "he's a franchise wr". there's a reason everybody in the league knows that they need a great qb to compete for a superbowl consistantly so you cant compare giving a wr 10 million the same as a qb 10 million per year.
    when i talk about hurting my team i am referring to not being able to keep or sign players in the future because so much cap money is tied up in one or two players that dont necessarily deserve it.
    i think brown got more than he should have and i stated that in a previous post. i said it was a gamble giving him that much so soon and worried it was a kneejerk reaction to wallace. i assume that you would agree with giving wallace 3 times as much brown got seeing you brought it up? you dont think that would hurt this team down the road?

Rookie

User Info Menu

That effective ground game was the 6th best rushing attack in the NFL. Are Redman & co going to reach those heights?
    Their leading rusher had less than 800 yards...Redman had almost 500 last year with Mendenhall getting the lion's share of the carries...

With a stable of young RBs and an upgraded offensive line, it isn't far-fetched, IMO...

Legend

User Info Menu

Wally's agent could probably care less. If he has to wait a year and gets a monster contract next year, he still wins. So does Wally.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Wally's agent could probably care less. If he has to wait a year and gets a monster contract next year, he still wins. So does Wally.
    Yep, play for 2.7 million or less (6 games) or take a chance to reach free agency and possibly sign a contract with 15 or 20+ million guaranteed. Similar to Vincent Jackson, I think I'd take my chances with free agency.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    Yep, play for 2.7 million or less (6 games) or take a chance to reach free agency and possibly sign a contract with 15 or 20+ million guaranteed. Similar to Vincent Jackson, I think I'd take my chances with free agency.

or show up to camp and have the negotiations continue with more than likely being offered 15-20 million guarateed this year and not have to worry about getting 'injured' those last 6 weeks of the season and lose out on millions forever. i'd take my chances on the steelers doing the right thing(like they always have) to the players that they want for a long time.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    just don't get the vitriol towards wallace by some.

agreed

and when ward held out even with a signed contract, he didnt receive this much crap about it