Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: just think how pissed wallace's agent is....lol

Legend
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    c'mon chadman,
    how can you compare a qb to a wr? how many franchises have won superbowls or become dynasties because of a wr? how many times during the nfl draft have you heard all the analyst state "he's a franchise wr". there's a reason everybody in the league knows that they need a great qb to compete for a superbowl consistantly so you cant compare giving a wr 10 million the same as a qb 10 million per year.
    when i talk about hurting my team i am referring to not being able to keep or sign players in the future because so much cap money is tied up in one or two players that dont necessarily deserve it.
    i think brown got more than he should have and i stated that in a previous post. i said it was a gamble giving him that much so soon and worried it was a kneejerk reaction to wallace. i assume that you would agree with giving wallace 3 times as much brown got seeing you brought it up? you dont think that would hurt this team down the road?
    Good point- how do you compare a QB & WR? You don't. So we have to compare Wallace to other WR's. By comparison to other WR's at the same point in their careers, Wallace & his agent are right- he's Top 10. He's right up there with Fitz, Megatron etc as far as production on the field goes.

So what is 'fair' value for a guy that has placed himself among the elite in his position?

By comparison, the 1 year success story just recieved what many on here think Wallace should have gotten.

How is that 'fair'?
    Schiavone's Race Career:

Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

Prizemoney- $28,050.00

Legend
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Their leading rusher had less than 800 yards...Redman had almost 500 last year with Mendenhall getting the lion's share of the carries...

With a stable of young RBs and an upgraded offensive line, it isn't far-fetched, IMO...
    Fingers crossed that this is right. But Chadman is not convinced as yet.
    Schiavone's Race Career:

Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

Prizemoney- $28,050.00