Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: does this change anyones opinion of wallace now?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Legend

User Info Menu

does this change anyones opinion of wallace now?

[URL]http://blog.triblive.com/steel-mill/2012/07/27/wallace-was-offered-more-than-brown/[/URL]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I read that last night. My opinion hasn't really changed because I didn't think he'd sign for that. He seems to want top 5 money and anything less than that he won't take. I don't think he's worth top 5 money either. If I'm not mistaken, he did an interview during the middle of last season and came across as quite arrogant. I think it was a national interview with both he and Brown. Ever since then, my opinion of him lowered. It was also very telling when a Ravens DB, Webb maybe??? said they thought Brown was more of a threat or harder to defend than Wallace.

I hope he gets the big money he wants, but from an NFC team. Hate to see him stay in the AFC.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

nope, and I hope he decides to stay.

I can't blame wallace for wanting top dollar, nor do I blame the steelers for not wanting to pay it. This is a business and wallace has a finite time to make his money. Its his decision and his alone.

no hard feelings either way.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post

I can't blame wallace for wanting top dollar, nor do I blame the steelers for not wanting to pay it. This is a business and wallace has a finite time to make his money. Its his decision and his alone.

My sentiments exactly...
    In my opinion though we signed the more complete football player..
    If Sanders can stay healthy, next year we might be saying "Wallace who?"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    My sentiments exactly...
    In my opinion though we signed the more complete football player..
    If Sanders can stay healthy, next year we might be saying "Wallace who?"
    I don't like saying "if"
    Bc history says he's an injury risk, and that makes "if" nothing more than a hope.
    but, I'd be ok with trading him to the rams or dolphins. At least if we can get a really good pick for him

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post

I agree...no hard feelings but if Wallace is going to be unreasonable then ship him out so we can move on. If he has an issue with how the Steelers successfully do business trade him to someone who may please him.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I agree...no hard feelings but if Wallace is going to be unreasonable then ship him out so we can move on. If he has an issue with how the Steelers successfully do business trade him to someone who may please him.
    Ovi, the problem i have with this is that we will receive a 3rd round comp pick when we lose him next year anyway. why settle for more than likely a second rounder when we control his rights for the next year or two. maybe someone gets hurt in preseason and some team gets desperate for a wr? maybe one of our guys gets hurt later in the year and we need him for the playoff run? as much as i would like to move on past this clown, part of me wants the steelers to stick to their guns and dont cave in to wallaces demands. RFA this year and franchise tag him next. let him make 12 million over 2 years and then get that 3rd round comp the next .

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I feel more comforable now that Mark Kaboly has proclaimed Mike Wallace will never sign with Steelers. It seems Mark Kaboly has an axe to grind against Mike Wallace. Isn't he the same guy who said Plex has almost signed with Steelers last season???

Nowhere in the article it says why Mike Wallace declined the offer? More guaranteed money or signing bonus?? What are his sources?? No details on contract whatsoever.
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by grotonsteel View Post
    I feel more comforable now that Mark Kaboly has proclaimed Mike Wallace will never sign with Steelers. It seems Mark Kaboly has an axe to grind against Mike Wallace. Isn't he the same guy who said Plex has almost signed with Steelers last season???

Nowhere in the article it says why Mike Wallace declined the offer? More guaranteed money or signing bonus?? What are his sources?? No details on contract whatsoever.
    I just noticed Kaboly blocked me on Twitter because one day I busted his chops about when he made the comment: "The Plax signing is a done deal".
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by grotonsteel View Post

Kaboly is truly awful. In addition to Burress, he was also dead wrong on Max Starks, saying that he would not be brought back unless Adams struggled in camp. He then deleted his report.