Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: does this change anyones opinion of wallace now?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

a liar?

sorry for not archiving all my posts on the internet.

how old are you? 12?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    It's like selling a house. I may get my house appraised at 200k and so I think that is the "fair" value. However, in reality, it doesn't matter what I think my house is worth and it doesn't matter how much the appraiser thinks it's worth. What really matters is what you can sell it for. If I can only sell it for 150K then then it doesn't matter what the "fair" value is.

it does matter what you think the "fair" value of your home is because if you don't get that price you may just opt not to sell it.

same for Mike Wallace, if he doesn't believe he is getting his "fair" value he won't agree to the contract offered. so it actually does matter quite a bit what Wallace thinks...

having said that, I believe Wallace will not be a Pittsburgh Steeler next season as he has overpriced himself right out of Pittsburgh.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    of course it matters what wallace.thinks is fair. That's is what's driving all this, I assume.

they may never get that and sign for less, but it most certainly matters.
    I don't think you're getting what I'm trying to explain. My point is that it doesn't matter what he thinks is fair if he wants to be employed this year or next. A person, a product, a service is only worth what people are willing to pay. If every team in the league thinks he's worth less than what he thinks is fair, guess what? He's not going to get the money he wants from ANY team.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

hawaiian said it better than I did.

of course it matters what he wants whether he gets it or not.

a product or a service doesn't think for themselves. A person does.

Legend

User Info Menu

a liar?

sorry for not archiving all my posts on the internet.

how old are you? 12?
    how long are you going to try to save face?
    i might as well say that i never said anything bad about wallace and i fully support him for holding out and hope that he breaks the cap for years to come. then when someone proves that i lied, i can say 'ooops, you caught me'. then i will proceed to try to insult them because i was wrongh and got busted........that would be cool.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I could give a rats ass about saving face on the internet junior.

try another angle.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    it does matter what you think the "fair" value of your home is because if you don't get that price you may just opt not to sell it.

same for Mike Wallace, if he doesn't believe he is getting his "fair" value he won't agree to the contract offered. so it actually does matter quite a bit what Wallace thinks...

having said that, I believe Wallace will not be a Pittsburgh Steeler next season as he has overpriced himself right out of Pittsburgh.
    Of course... that's the case. My analogy was more geared towards if you didn't have the option NOT to sell.

With that being said, let's use your added comment into my original analogy. If you want "fair" value for your home at 200k and I don't think that is fair value based on market conditions, I'm not paying it. As the person offering the house, I have to think... take less money now and have it guaranteed (Wallace Translation: Sign a long-term deal with the steelers), take it off the market for a year and try to get "fair" value then (Wallace Translation: Hold Out for Next Year), or wait for another offer from someone else (Wallace Translation: Not possible because he's a RFA, not a UFA). We'll leave trades out of it.

Obviously, sports is a bit different but that is where the Steelers are at. They don't agree with what Mike Wallace thinks his fair value is so they aren't offering the contract he wants. It's as simple as that. If Wallace wants to "roll the dice" and wait until next year to see if he can get his "so called" fair value then he should go for it. But, I guarantee that offer next year won't be coming from the Steelers.

Legend

User Info Menu

I could give a rats ass about saving face on the internet junior.

try another angle.
    good, because you're not succeeding, liar

Administrator

User Info Menu

guys/gals/it's (jk)

Chill out with the name calling and personal attacks. I don't want this to escalate for no reason. It's not worth it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    guys/gals/it's (jk)

Chill out with the name calling and personal attacks. I don't want this to escalate for no reason. It's not worth it.

i agree......