Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sapp at it Again

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Sapp at it Again

I thought he would have learned to keep his cake hole shut after last year's "old, slow, and over" comment concerning our defense.

I was just watching NFL Network and he was on there with Willie McGinest and Tom Waddle. The host asked the 3 of them if the Steelers could still be considered an elite team in light of all of their "question marks".

Waddle gave the metric of an elite team as top five in the conference and put us in that group behind the Pats, Texans, and Ravens. He put us in there, but seemed reluctant to do so. He cited the defense, LeBeau, and Roethlisberger as the reasons why.

McGinest was more effusive in his praise, although he stammered through his explanation a little more clumsily. He essentially used Waddles definition for elite and unequivocally stated were were top-5 in the conference, without ranking any teams. He echoed a lot of what Waddle stated but had a lot of praise for Ben.

Then came fat boy. He said there is no way that a wild card team could be considered elite -only teams that won their division, played at home in the playoffs, or had 13-14 wins could be considered elite- and the Steelers are definitely no longer an elite team (at which point McGinest shook his head and laughed). He cited questions with a new RG and called DeCastro a 2nd round pick. He then started making fun of the fact that he thinks we are going to try and be a run-first team under Haley, and finally he made fun of Steve McClendon starting at the nose, weighing only 280 pounds.

Never mind we were in the Super Bowl 2 years ago or the fact that we are the only team with at least 12 wins in 3 of the last 4 seasons. Never mind that DeCastro is widely-considered the best guard to come out of college in the last decade and was a first round pick. Never mind that McClendon is listed at 280 on the roster but actually weighs 325 pounds. We lost in the wild card round on the road, so we are by definition not elite.

Whatever.

Sapp has proven that he doesn't know what he's talking about. I think he's still steaming about Foote bringing up that incident in Tampa a few years ago where Sapp was doing his usual pre-game barking and wound up getting bitch-slapped.

I just wanted to point this out so more of the Steeler Nation directs more of their ire in his direction. I hate Warren Sapp as a human being and want as much negative karma thrown his way as possible. One day it will finally get him.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I caught the end of the conversation. I heard Sapp and Willie's opinion. How Sapp still has a job with that or any network shocks me. Just because you played in the NFL doesn't automatically make you qualified to be an analyst

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel View Post
    I hate Warren Sapp as a human being and want as much negative karma thrown his way as possible. One day it will finally get him.
    it already has...

Warren Sapp filed for bankruptcy to avoid going to jail

By Brad Biggs | National Football Post – Sat, Apr 14, 2012

Warren Sapp says a bad construction deal at the worst possible time sent him spiraling into debt that led him to file for bankruptcy last week.

Sapp made his first comments on the situation to Tampa Bay Times columnist Gary Shelton and said he was motivated to file for bankruptcy with $6.7 million worth of debt because he didn’t want to go to jail.

“Do you think I wanted to declare bankruptcy?'' Sapp told Shelton. "Do you think if there was any other way possible I would have done it? It was either this or go to jail. Those were my choices.''

Sapp estimates he grossed about $60 million during his playing days, primarily with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, and now he’s reduced to not much. It’s a little hard to believe one failed investment project, building homes in Fort Pierce, Fla., broke him. But that’s what Sapp explains.

Since, he’s become the butt of plenty of jokes. Sapp claims he’s lost not only his Super Bowl XXXVII ring but also his ring he earned as a member of a national championship team at the University of Miami. Losing one ring? OK. Losing two rings? Come on. They’re really been misplaced?

“"We were at the Super Bowl, and I thought I handed it to someone, and he said I didn't. I checked my luggage to see if it was in a side pocket. I checked my suit to see if I put it somewhere. What was I going to do? Yell and scream because I lost a ring?” Sapp said. “That ring didn't make me a champion. Derrick Brooks, Simeon Rice, Ronde Barber, Brian Kelly, Dwight Smith. That crew made me a champion.

“In my life, has anyone called me a liar? Why would I start now? Someone told me something that John Adams supposedly said. Facts are stubborn. I like facts.”

Prior to the bankruptcy news, Sapp never publicly asked for anyone to assist him in a search for his missing jewelry.

Sapp says he may be down financially but he’s not letting it keep him down.

“When you live like I do,'you know where you are and what you have to do,” he said. “I'm not at war with me. I promise you this. I will never go to jail.''

In legal documents, he did claim 240 pairs of Nike shoes and a painting of a naked woman as assets.

“I'm not an interior decorator,'' Sapp said. "Some designer put that on the wall, and I liked it. It's in my bedroom. By the time a woman gets there, she might be naked, too.”

OK. Unfortunately, Sapp looks a little bare right now as a man with public and real financial issues.

[URL]http://sports.yahoo.com/news/warren-sapp-filed-bankruptcy-avoid-173009586--nfl.html[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Not sure why people that this stuff so personally?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Sapp needs new material. It's getting old now. A couple weeks back we were messing with him and his financial issues and he started slamming us via private messages which I took snapshots of and posted them back on twitter. He's a loser
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    Not sure why people that this stuff so personally?
    I don't take what he says about the Steelers personally. I take offense to him personally. I covered the Bucs for several years and got to see up close what kind of a person he is.

I printed the conversation to point out how little he knows about this team and that he continues to run his mouth. Sure, he's entitled to an opinion, but you would think his job would kind of force him to do some actual, you know...research. I did figure this display of biased idiocy would cause many of the Steeler fateful to throw a few mental darts in his direction, and I'm hoping I can count on you for a horrible thought or two as well.

By the way HS...I was aware of the bankruptcy, but I will not be truly satisfied until he is no longer relevant in any capacity. Just a Joe who has to bust his ass to make ends meet like most of us.

Legend

User Info Menu

Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel View Post
    I thought he would have learned to keep his cake hole shut after last year's "old, slow, and over" comment concerning our defense.

I was just watching NFL Network and he was on there with Willie McGinest and Tom Waddle. The host asked the 3 of them if the Steelers could still be considered an elite team in light of all of their "question marks".

Waddle gave the metric of an elite team as top five in the conference and put us in that group behind the Pats, Texans, and Ravens. He put us in there, but seemed reluctant to do so. He cited the defense, LeBeau, and Roethlisberger as the reasons why.

McGinest was more effusive in his praise, although he stammered through his explanation a little more clumsily. He essentially used Waddles definition for elite and unequivocally stated were were top-5 in the conference, without ranking any teams. He echoed a lot of what Waddle stated but had a lot of praise for Ben.

Then came fat boy. He said there is no way that a wild card team could be considered elite -only teams that won their division, played at home in the playoffs, or had 13-14 wins could be considered elite- and the Steelers are definitely no longer an elite team (at which point McGinest shook his head and laughed). He cited questions with a new RG and called DeCastro a 2nd round pick. He then started making fun of the fact that he thinks we are going to try and be a run-first team under Haley, and finally he made fun of Steve McClendon starting at the nose, weighing only 280 pounds.

Never mind we were in the Super Bowl 2 years ago or the fact that we are the only team with at least 12 wins in 3 of the last 4 seasons. Never mind that DeCastro is widely-considered the best guard to come out of college in the last decade and was a first round pick. Never mind that McClendon is listed at 280 on the roster but actually weighs 325 pounds. We lost in the wild card round on the road, so we are by definition not elite.

Whatever.

Sapp has proven that he doesn't know what he's talking about. I think he's still steaming about Foote bringing up that incident in Tampa a few years ago where Sapp was doing his usual pre-game barking and wound up getting bitch-slapped.

I just wanted to point this out so more of the Steeler Nation directs more of their ire in his direction. I hate Warren Sapp as a human being and want as much negative karma thrown his way as possible. One day it will finally get him.
    Sapp-sucker is just an entertainer...he thinks it's his job to say things that are outrageous, to try to get a good portion of his viewing audience stirred up. He probably doesn't even believe a lot of the crap he says. I no longer get bent out of shape over what he says...just disregard it as so much babble.

BTW, isn't he himself the epitome of "old, fat and slow"?
    Last edited by BradshawsHairdresser; 07-27-2012 at 09:49 PM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I never liked the guy. I've listened to him speak and I've watched him play or should I say, take cheap shots with both. Sorry to hear these guys losing their money but I have to ask this, why do these guys decide they are business men after they retire from football and have millions in the bank ? If I made the money they have made I would for sure placed it in a safe money fund and still live within my budget and be happy. If they want to get a job or something like that I understand but don't risk the money you already have and that is enough to last you a lifetime or two.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Sapp seeking a significant role, and aggressively expressing his jealousy. He wishes he could have been a Steeler.
    May it serve as motivation.