Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Sapp at it Again

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    I think Sapp was pretty close to being right on last year. This team was old (on defense). And as a result they got knocked out of the first round by a not so great playoff team. And as a result the Steelers FO saw that there was a problem and then trimmed this fat (old age), that was on this roster. Sometimes what others say about our team (the negative), is true guys. It's ok to see it too.
    While fans minimize, Sapp exaggerated. The fact is the truth lies somewhere in the middle. The D was old and slow, but still capable. They were exposed in Denver. While they were not stick the fork in em done, they were close. The youth movement on D is a much needed shot in the arm.

Apparently, Kris Jenkins has not been fond of Sapp, as quoted in the attachment from a Jets board.

http://forums.jetnation.com/topic/39...n-warren-sapp/

BTW, seems the mod who posted on that board has an identity issue.
    PLEASE DO NOT FEED THE TROLL

Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post
    Apparently, Kris Jenkins has not been fond of Sapp, as quoted in the attachment from a Jets board.

Awesome! Kris Jenkins obviously knows Sapp well.

"I hate him. Everybody says I'm supposed to be polite when I talk to you all, but I hate him..." "He talks too much, he doesn't make sense, he's fat, he's sloppy, he acts like he's the best thing since sliced bread. He's ugly, he stinks, his mouth stinks, his breath stinks, and basically his soul stinks, too.

"Not too many people have personalities like that and survive in life. I don't know how he does it."

-Kris Jenkins on Warren Sapp

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

I think the overall identity is pretty darn clear for a guy calling himself "Sperm Edwards" and placing the word "Penis" above this picture: Not that there's anything wrong with that.

The Jenkins quote about Sapp is awesome, sig-worthy type stuff, though:

"I hate him. Everybody says I'm supposed to be polite when I talk to you all, but I hate him," Jenkins said. "He talks too much, he doesn't make sense, he's fat, he's sloppy, he acts like he's the best thing since sliced bread. He's ugly, he stinks, his mouth stinks, his breath stinks, and basically his soul stinks, too.

"Not too many people have personalities like that and survive in life. I don't know how he does it."

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    The Jenkins quote about Sapp is awesome, sig-worthy type stuff, though:
    Dude...great idea!!

If you don't mind me thieving that idea, I'd love to keep it in my sig.

"I hate him. Everybody says I'm supposed to be polite when I talk to you all, but I hate him..." "He talks too much, he doesn't make sense, he's fat, he's sloppy, he acts like he's the best thing since sliced bread. He's ugly, he stinks, his mouth stinks, his breath stinks, and basically his soul stinks, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel View Post
    Dude...great idea!!

​Looks good in your sig !
    PLEASE DO NOT FEED THE TROLL

​Looks good in your sig !
    Thanks Duke. It feels right too.

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel View Post
    Dude...great idea!!

It's all yours...nice...

Joe Greene: Warren Sapp didn't mean Steelers remark

"Mean" Joe Greene's menacing nickname of yesteryear doesn't fit anymore. At least not this weekend.

The Hall of Fame defensive tackle was a gentle giant during his chat with Around the League on Friday. No head slaps, no swim moves, no kicks to the shin. Greene, the Pittsburgh Steelers legend, was in such a good mood that he handed NFL Network's Warren Sapp a free pass for calling the Steelers' defense "old and slow" at the start of last season.

"Warren wasn't serious when he said it was old and slow," Greene told NFL.com. "He had a reason for saying it, and you ask him what that reason was, and he'll tell you, I'm sure, because he knows about defenses."

Our people will be in touch with QB Killa's people for a deeper explanation, but don't hold your breath.

"(Sapp) did some of the same things we were trying to do in Pittsburgh," Greene said. "In fact, I think some of the defenses they used were brought to Tampa by their coach (Tony Dungy). I think they just took what we did and took it to the next level, and Warren, as a defensive tackle, took what I tried to do -- and wanted to do -- to the next level."

Onlookers can debate which of these two linemen -- Greene or Sapp -- wreaked more havoc back when they were "young and fast." Quarterbacks everywhere are simply thankful they didn't have to face them both at the same time.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...teelers-remark

Say it aint so, Joe!

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    It's all yours...nice...
    Thanks man!!