Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pittsburgh Steelers ink Antonio Brown to 5 year 42.5 million dollar extension

Starter

User Info Menu

With Wallace being a "one trick pony", does this mean the steelers are comfortable with someone else handling those routes. Someone like Sanders. Or maybe even a Rookie or two... I mean, how difficult was Wallaces' route tree? Really?

Legend

User Info Menu

Appears to be a good deal for Brown. Wallace shouldn't take this deal personally.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Wait...just noted that it is a 5 year extension (in addition to this one already), so we've got him locked up for 6 seasons. If the cap hit is distributed over 6 years rather than 5, that would make his cap hit for this year $1.95 million.

i was thinking the same thing.
    at first i thought 5 for 42(8mill per year) seemed alot more than he should have been offered. realizing it is 6 for 42(7 mill per year) makes it a liitle better.
    pretty big gamble on the steelers part giving him this much for his production. hope it isnt a knee jerk, vindictive move to spite wallace. i mean i like the vindictive part, not how much they gave brown.
    all and all, glad its done. good work both sides for playing it cool
    Last edited by squidkid; 07-27-2012 at 08:07 PM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

That's my question too, what is Wallace asking for ? Also, and because he just signed but, I see a new Steeler leader in Brown. I believe he will be one of the faces of the team someday like Hines, Bettis, Troy, etc of players that, when you think of one you think of the other. I think Brown will be better than Hines some day.
    Congrats Mr. Brown..... you earned it

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Jason la confora is reporting that browns base salary this year will be 540k helping save space for 2012.
    john Clayton tweeted that we would "try to get Wallace for more than 9 million per year" think he meant less than

Legend

User Info Menu

Dudes always smiling
    Probably smiling a lot more now

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

That's definitely going to make it easier for him to take care of his kids!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    Appears to be a good deal for Brown. Wallace shouldn't take this deal personally.
    Personally I think Wallace should take this deal

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Keep quiet and work hard and generally good things will happen. We just signed the more complete receiver. I'm stoked
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer View Post
    Personally I think Wallace should take this deal
    Thought it was interesting how fast Wallace congratulated Brown on Twitter. I don't think he holds any grudge, and I don't think it's going to get drawn out for several weeks. Wallace will sign soon.