Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Pittsburgh Steelers ink Antonio Brown to 5 year 42.5 million dollar extension

Backup

User Info Menu

The point is, The Team scoring offense sucked.. BEN makes the deep plays by buying time ala risking injury and delivering some sports Center highlight play (more times than not) Thats what MW was great at and thats what we are trying to get Ben to stop doing.

In Response we have changed the offense, looks like we are running and short passing alot more, giving the ball to our quick guys who can rack up yards after the catch (something that MW is not really great at)

What Good was having MW when we were averaging 17 points a game..

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Wally doesn't score TDs in the postseason. In fact he practically disappears. He also played a major roll in losing to GreenBay in the SuperBowl when he was totally clueless on the last drive.

The Steelers paid Ward a king's ransom, but at least he showed up when the games counted. Does it really matter what Wallace does in the regular season?
    Not sure why people will resort to any ideology to discredit Wallace. Why not cut Wallace loose if there is going to be such a myopic view of his production? I don't agree what Wallace played a major role in the loss to GB. Seems you believe that Wallace has to many faults to be a member of the Steelers.

I believe Wallace makes the Steelers a better offense. Seems they won't reach an agreement so both parties will probably move on within the next year.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    Not sure why people will resort to any ideology to discredit Wallace. Why not cut Wallace loose if there is going to be such a myopic view of his production? I don't agree what Wallace played a major role in the loss to GB. Seems you believe that Wallace has to many faults to be a member of the Steelers.

I believe Wallace makes the Steelers a better offense. Seems they won't reach an agreement so both parties will probably move on within the next year.
    not speaking for anyone else, I am just saying that we as a team were not all that great on offense even with the guy so honestly whats the big deal.. I think we can be good with him, but I don't believe we are worse without him.. To me its going to be about Ben.. IF the O line can block then Ben like Brady can do the job regardless the receivers.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

blaming wallace for losing to green bay might be one of the more absurd things I have ever read here.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Mike Wallace caught a 4th quarter TD pass in the Super Bowl to bring us within a field goal.

Neither Antonio Brown nor Emmanuel Sanders has caught a TD pass in 4 playoff games each.
    It's not like Brown and Sanders were established starters. Neither were in the SuperBowl. And they have 1 playoff start between the 2 of them. So you could argue Wallace has 1 TD in 4 playoff starts. AB and ES have 0 TDs in 1 playoff start.

That was Wallace's only TD in the playoffs. For the most part, he's absent come playoff time. Just like he was the 2nd half of last season. As good as Wallace is at times, he's equally bad in other spots. If he wants so much money, he should be consistent and dominant in the playoffs.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    blaming wallace for losing to green bay might be one of the more absurd things I have ever read here.
    Wallace had no idea where to line up let alone where to run his routes on the final drive of that SuperBowl.

If he had a little awareness, he may have been able to make a play on that drive. But for the most part, Wally hasn't shown up in the big games. He has huge YPC, production, TDs until the playoffs come. Then his production become less than the average TE.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Wallace had no idea where to line up let alone where to run his routes on the final drive of that SuperBowl.

If he had a little awareness, he may have been able to make a play on that drive. But for the most part, Wally hasn't shown up in the big games. He has huge YPC, production, TDs until the playoffs come. Then his production become less than the average TE.
    Don't you know, he doesn't need to worry about plays even when there is a new offensive coordinator. He'll just show up and run fast.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    Yeah, that is indeed pretty dumb. In fact, it was MW's beautiful catch in the last moments that allowed us to beat the Packers the time we played before that. Anyone who claims that Wallace is nothing but speed needs to watch that again and repent.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Don't you know, he doesn't need to worry about plays even when there is a new offensive coordinator. He'll just show up and run fast.
    and mostly importantly to him, make his 11+ million per year

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    Yeah, that is indeed pretty dumb. In fact, it was MW's beautiful catch in the last moments that allowed us to beat the Packers the time we played before that. Anyone who claims that Wallace is nothing but speed needs to watch that again and repent.
    no one's discrediting that play. it just wasn't a superbowl.

wallace makes lots of plays in the regular season.