Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Pittsburgh Steelers ink Antonio Brown to 5 year 42.5 million dollar extension

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    The Steelers have no problem putting up yards. The Steelers do have a problem putting up points.

Both Wallace and Brown put up over 1100 yards last year.

But Wallace has caught 24 TD passes in 34 games over 3 seasons while Brown has caught 2 TD passes in 25 games over 2 seasons.

With points at a premium (coming off a season in which we were 21st in scoring offense), I consider a guy who averages 8 TD catches per year as more valuable than a guy who averages 1 TD catch per year. A difference that drastic simply cannot be explained away by the types of routes guys are asked to run. Wes Welker runs a ton of short crossing routes, but he still caught 9 TD passes last season and 7 TD passes the year before that.
    We'll see what happens this year without Wallace. IMO Brown's TDs will soar.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    My hope is that Brown gets a whole lot more TD's with or without Wallace.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    As long as Sanders remains healthy Brown will excel. I still expect Brown to excel no matter what BUT it's naive to think that Wallace didn't help Brown indirectly last season coverage wise.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch98 View Post
    As long as Sanders remains healthy Brown will excel. I still expect Brown to excel no matter what BUT it's naive to think that Wallace didn't help Brown indirectly last season coverage wise.
    Wallace made opposing D's use their top corners to cover him and usually scheme to take the top off. It's natural that this leaves things open a bit more underneath. Brown is a heck of a gamer and made the most of his opportunities, but we still haven't seen him against the top DB's in most cases. While I have no reason to think that he wouldn't do well either way, it's still a bit of a gamble.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    Wallace made opposing D's use their top corners to cover him and usually scheme to take the top off. It's natural that this leaves things open a bit more underneath. Brown is a heck of a gamer and made the most of his opportunities, but we still haven't seen him against the top DB's in most cases. While I have no reason to think that he wouldn't do well either way, it's still a bit of a gamble.
    Agreed. Wallace was a pretty sizable reason for the success Brown had last season. Here is to hoping we can sign Wallace without breaking the bank, otherwise he can go look for his Fitzgerald money elsewhere.

Legend

User Info Menu

MarkKaboly_Trib via twitter:

Quite sure not many can say they have 3 career starts and signed a $42.5 million contract.

[URL]http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    MarkKaboly_Trib via twitter:

Quite sure not many can say they have 3 career starts and signed a $42.5 million contract.

[URL]http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/[/URL]
    Quite sure not many can say they've amassed 1000 receiving yards and 1000 return yards in the same season (even more impressive with only 3 starts, I'd say).

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    Quite sure not many can say they've amassed 1000 receiving yards and 1000 return yards in the same season
    I believe Antonio Brown is the first and only player to ever have done that...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Kaboly also fails to mention that Brown had a monster second-half receiving, and was also tabbed the MVP by his teammates.

Taking all of these things into consideration, I think the Steelers got a bargain.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch98 View Post
    Agreed. Wallace was a pretty sizable reason for the success Brown had last season.
    I disagree.

People said the same thing about Ward when Burress left and it wasn't true then...

If Brown is a player, then he's a player regardless of who is playing the "X"...