Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Pittsburgh Steelers ink Antonio Brown to 5 year 42.5 million dollar extension

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    Thought it was interesting how fast Wallace congratulated Brown on Twitter. I don't think he holds any grudge, and I don't think it's going to get drawn out for several weeks. Wallace will sign soon.
    Hope Wallace signs soon. He and Brown complement each other well.

Backup

User Info Menu

I think it's the end of Wallace,especially if he doesnt report soon.

Backup

User Info Menu

Can the Steelers franchise him? I know they don't like to, but can they even make that choice for a player 3 years in?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dreegking View Post
    Can the Steelers franchise him? I know they don't like to, but can they even make that choice for a player 3 years in?
    the Steelers own his rights for this year under the RFA tender and they could franchise Wallace next year if they choose to do so...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Now if Omar/Colbert/Rooney continue the Flippy plan, they'll extend Sanders next.

Starter

User Info Menu

Far to much at risk to extend Sanders. Hasn't shown me near enough. Quite different with Antonio.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I am very, very pleased with this signing. I really hope Wallace signs .. then the question is "what about manny?"
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post
    Hope Wallace signs soon. He and Brown complement each other well.
    +1

Wallace is a speed merchant and a good one at that.
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeGreene View Post
    I am very, very pleased with this signing. I really hope Wallace signs .. then the question is "what about manny?"
    I think Manny will have to play a season without getting injured. He has just shown potential so far. No production yet from Manny.
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeGreene View Post
    The Steelers will wait to see if Manny can stay healthy for a season. Although he has shown flashes, his body of work in the NFL is incomplete and really not very impressive. That could change, but as of right now we shouldn't break the bank on Manny.

IMO the Wallace situation does not look good..He turns down a 5 YR / 50 Million offer....We shortly thereafter sign Brown to a deal....We may have seen the last of Wallace as a Steeler.

I can see him holding out until the last possible moment. At that point, the relationship between Wallace and the Steelers will be at a breaking point (if it isn't already). We will keep him inactive for the remainder of the season. Sure we can franchise him, but I dont think it will happen...You really have to wonder what the Steeler brass thinks of Mike now....

Definitely not how I had hoped this went down....and I am hoping I am wrong.

SF