Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Redman vs. Richardson

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Redman vs. Richardson

They got Richardson, we got Isaac Redman.

They have a similar running style... Am I crazy to think we can have comparable on-field production this year from our undrafted free agent, as they get from the third overall pick?

Legend

User Info Menu

Yes, you are crazy. Redman is solid. Richardson is a BEAST.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

So I guess you don't think Redman is capable of 1,000+ yards in a season? Interesting.

I think he is... I think he is capable of 1,200... 1,400 even. Granted, that's pretty optimistic, but if he's able to just hit 1,000--I think that will compare to Richardson in his rookie season.

Legend

User Info Menu

A thousand yard rushing season is reasonably solid production. That's what Redman is capable of.

Beastly backs get 1500+ yards and over 2000 yards when you add in their receiving yardage, plus double digit TD's. That's what Richardson is capable of (if Cleveland has reasonable enough pieces around him, which at this point, is questionable).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Crazy talk...Richardson is the best back I have seen since Peterson. He is a game changer. Redman is not.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

comparing Redman to Richardson is like comparing me to Redman.
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Richardson will have one of the BEST LT to run behind and a pretty darn good center too. Couple first rounders.

Legend

User Info Menu

Is mentioning Redman and Richardson in the same sentence even serious??? Please be realistic. Richardson is a future star and Redman never will be.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I don't understand what is so crazy. Are people expecting Richardson to go off for 1,500 yards next year?

I asked if Redman might have a comparable year to Richardson this year. Haley is planning on bringing in a more run-oriented scheme. Is it that far off to think Redman gains 1,000+ yards? If he does, IMO, that would compare with a good rookie year from Richardson.

Legend

User Info Menu

Now that we've got Decastro, the sky's the limit for all the Steelers' RBs.

Better linemen lead to Heath being used more in the passing game.

That leads to less men in the box to block.

That makes the linemen more effective.

And in turn helps the running game.

Which in turn will give Ben extra seconds to make plays downfield to Wallace, Brown, and Sanders.

Who cares about Richardson, we friggin got Decastro.

God is a Steelers fan, that's for sure.